Senior advocate for preventing an eviction

Find how to get help with rent
MacroCar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Senior advocate for preventing an eviction

Post by MacroCar »

I am 52 and my husband is 71. We are being evicted from our home on September 5th, we have been fighting in courts with Wells Fargo for over 4 years now but it seems the banks have their own sets of laws.
My husband is on Social Security and is disabled. He has COPD, he has had several knee surgeries, is on oxygen, is a lung cancer survivor and is on so many meds he cannot function during the day.
I too unfortunately have lost 40% of the use of my left hand and have had several foot surgeries myself.
My son whom is 18 and is a college student has become our caretaker. We both need to apply for disability and other programs to help us pay our bills and to live.
Do you have an advocate that helps us apply for all the senior help we can get or can you guide me in the direction of how I can do this and where to go. I am on heavy doses of morphine and have a limited ability of driving
as between the pain meds and all the pain my body is going through gives me limits on what I can do.
Right now we must find housing and pack up the house. We were cheated by Wells Fargo and our landlord and hopefully the lawyers will in the end prevail a settlement but right now we are going to be homeless and my husband is on oxygen. I don't know where to go to stop this eviction, what I am eligible to apply for and where to go for it.
Any help would be great.
Priebeus
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Senior advocate for preventing an eviction

Post by Priebeus »

I am a single senior (56) who lost my home to foreclosure before through the appeals process. I used an advocate and that did not help. I was determined to be disabled. I am having a hard time finding a single rental that I can afford with the eviction on my record. Any information or help you can give would be appreciated.