About to become homeless

Find how to get help with rent
kiatocute02
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

About to become homeless

Post by kiatocute02 »

I am in a situtation where I need assistance asap..Please if you can help or refer me to anyone contact me asap. I am currently pregnant and due next thursday, I have a 3 year old daughter and I am about to be homless because I just started back working as a subsitute teacher and I have no money for rent for Oct. Please contact me asap..thank you
helper

Re: About to become homeless

Post by helper »

The good news is the federal government stimulus program is giving billions in grants to help prevent homelessness.
The federql government Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program will provide grants and financial assistance and other services to help prevent individuals and families from becoming homeless, being evicted, or losing their homes and help those who are experiencing homelessness to be quickly re-housed and stabilized. The best place to go to for help is your local community action agency, and you can apply there.
Bre12

Post by Bre12 »

My family and I are about to be homeless. I have 4 children 3 of which are living with me. We have not had water or electricity for over a month due to my landlord turning them off. I reside in Columbia County and they say that the only thing they can do is take my children because they have no funding. I am totally lost on what to do as I only have a few days till I lose my children. Please contact me with any help you would know of at my email.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Columbia where? There are multiple Columbia, including South Carolina, Missouri, I think Maryland and I am sure other states.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Here is an example of a link for programs in Columbia County. Just not entirely sure which state you need help in. But htere are programs that can help with landlords and back rent.
Bre12 wrote:My family and I are about to be homeless. I have 4 children 3 of which are living with me. We have not had water or electricity for over a month due to my landlord turning them off. I reside in Columbia County and they say that the only thing they can do is take my children because they have no funding. I am totally lost on what to do as I only have a few days till I lose my children. Please contact me with any help you would know of at my email.
erkel

Post by erkel »

Hello,

I can't believe my life has come to this. I am 52, single, currently unemployed ( check every 2 weeks is $ 344/ $688 for the month) and living in Huntington Beach. My room mate has moved out today and I sit here in panic, not knowing how I'm going to survive. My portion of the rent is $875, but with no room mate, it jumps to $1750. I'm waiting to hear if a couple is going to clear the credit check with my property management co. but I am so stressed...If this does not happen, I will then become homeless. Not sure what has happened to my life in the past few months. I use to have a job, use to have money, use to be able to pay my bills, to eat, to buy gas, to see my grandson and now, I am all alone, having major anxiety as to what do I do, where do I go??? My family has basically disowned me, I guess they've decided that helping me is a worthless cause. And I guess maybe I am. I have sent out a zillion resumes, as I can't drive anywhere, no $$ for gas. And for as many resumes as I'm sending out, I'm getting no response. Maybe I am too old, maybe I am over qualified or maybe it is my credit. In June of 2009, I signed up with debt consolidation company. I gave them 7 accounts to handle/reduce my debt. As of Dec 2010, they had only settled 2 and have made more than $6K on me. So, really, I am finding it hard to find a reason to go on. I am tired, very tired of the everyday struggle to survive. So, I came across your link, not sure what if any help you can suggest but any would be greatly appreciated. What is left for me now, don't know, maybe living out of my car or standing on an off ramp somewhere, I just don't know anymore.

Thank you for your time,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you need to repair your credit to stay in housing, yes, some apartment communities now really as much on credit scores as anything. Here is a listing of various debt consolidation and credit repair programs and options. You may want to try a non-profit debt consolidation or credit counseling agency in your area of California. Many of them offer their services for free, or at least very low cost. And they usually are aware of homeless prevention programs as well.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... _debt.html
erkel wrote:Hello,

I can't believe my life has come to this. I am 52, single, currently unemployed ( check every 2 weeks is $ 344/ $688 for the month) and living in Huntington Beach. My room mate has moved out today and I sit here in panic, not knowing how I'm going to survive. My portion of the rent is $875, but with no room mate, it jumps to $1750. I'm waiting to hear if a couple is going to clear the credit check with my property management co. but I am so stressed...If this does not happen, I will then become homeless. Not sure what has happened to my life in the past few months. I use to have a job, use to have money, use to be able to pay my bills, to eat, to buy gas, to see my grandson and now, I am all alone, having major anxiety as to what do I do, where do I go??? My family has basically disowned me, I guess they've decided that helping me is a worthless cause. And I guess maybe I am. I have sent out a zillion resumes, as I can't drive anywhere, no $$ for gas. And for as many resumes as I'm sending out, I'm getting no response. Maybe I am too old, maybe I am over qualified or maybe it is my credit. In June of 2009, I signed up with debt consolidation company. I gave them 7 accounts to handle/reduce my debt. As of Dec 2010, they had only settled 2 and have made more than $6K on me. So, really, I am finding it hard to find a reason to go on. I am tired, very tired of the everyday struggle to survive. So, I came across your link, not sure what if any help you can suggest but any would be greatly appreciated. What is left for me now, don't know, maybe living out of my car or standing on an off ramp somewhere, I just don't know anymore.

Thank you for your time,
Laz

Post by Laz »

I am currently working, but my assignment will end on 5/27/11. I am 9 wks pregnant and have been experiencing severe morning sickness along with abdominal pain due to a rupture cyst. Therefore, will be harder to find another job soon since I never know how my days would be like. My husband just lost his job today (5/17/11) and I'm really stressed out since our rent is $949 and we have many other bills to pay. I also have 2 children ages 12 and 9 which makes it harder because now we are really going to be struggling since there'll be no more income coming in after this month. Any assistance I can get for rent will be greatly appreciated or any programs that can help us out until my husband is able to get a job. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about your husband losing the job. At least you are working. Maybe they will extend your contract into June. In the meantime, try this for information on rental assistance programs in Kentucky. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... tucky.html Fayette County and Lexington are served by this section 8 housing agency, which can be reached at (859) 281-5060. They may have vouchers for you, or just advise you on where to go to for rent help.
Laz wrote:I am currently working, but my assignment will end on 5/27/11. I am 9 wks pregnant and have been experiencing severe morning sickness along with abdominal pain due to a rupture cyst. Therefore, will be harder to find another job soon since I never know how my days would be like. My husband just lost his job today (5/17/11) and I'm really stressed out since our rent is $949 and we have many other bills to pay. I also have 2 children ages 12 and 9 which makes it harder because now we are really going to be struggling since there'll be no more income coming in after this month. Any assistance I can get for rent will be greatly appreciated or any programs that can help us out until my husband is able to get a job. Thank you for your time.
TesSLund

Post by TesSLund »

my fiancee and I are needing to move out right away. Right now we are staying with his family and I dont feel that it is safe to stay there anymore. I am a full time student and I also work, he works full time but we remain very low income and can come up with a months rent at around 800, but we don't have enough money for a deposit.I am feeling that we may just have to be homeless, can you please help us out? or point me in the right direction?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So are you in a home, or apartment? Rent or own? If you own, then look into Nevada foreclosure prevention programs and non-profit agencies. A large number of programs and resources are offered for people who are on the verge of losing their home. And there is also the homeless prevention program, which also offers other housing and foreclosure aid. Look into all these centers, and call a counselor for help or advice when the time is right. They may have some money for that deposit and mortgage payment you need.

TesSLund wrote:my fiancee and I are needing to move out right away. Right now we are staying with his family and I dont feel that it is safe to stay there anymore. I am a full time student and I also work, he works full time but we remain very low income and can come up with a months rent at around 800, but we don't have enough money for a deposit.I am feeling that we may just have to be homeless, can you please help us out? or point me in the right direction?
ShannonS

Post by ShannonS »

I was working full time for about two weeks then things got slow and I got no hours. I then moved from one city to another and have been looking for a job ever since that. I have never needed help in my life and don't like to ask for it. I am 2 months behind rent owing $680, I know that is a lot of money. The bad thing is if I dont get by tomorrow my friends can't renew their lease. I live in Mankato, Mn and if somehow I could get help in anyway it would be a life savor. Thanks have a great day. Please write back soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I believe that Mankato covers a few different counties in Minnesota. Leaving one day notice doesn't leave any time to find help.Can friends "front" you some cash to pay the rent this month, and then pay them back later? If so, try this for [flash=http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/min ... grams.html]Minnesota assistance[/flash] programs and resources, and select your county from midway down.
ShannonS wrote:I was working full time for about two weeks then things got slow and I got no hours. I then moved from one city to another and have been looking for a job ever since that. I have never needed help in my life and don't like to ask for it. I am 2 months behind rent owing $680, I know that is a lot of money. The bad thing is if I dont get by tomorrow my friends can't renew their lease. I live in Mankato, Mn and if somehow I could get help in anyway it would be a life savor. Thanks have a great day. Please write back soon.
Cincy

Post by Cincy »

I have not worked going on 3 years. My husband works and supports 5 of us. I am dealing with many different illnesses. Our home foreclosed, bad debt is garnishing portions of our 1 income and landlord is suffering from the loss of husband and wants renters out. We have no place to go.
Lebron

Post by Lebron »

I am a 51 year old single woman, who is unable to get help from certain programs because I have no family living with me. I am struggling to pay my rent and am looking at an eviction soon. If I was 55 I would qualify for low income housing. As it is I feel as though I am at an age group that is left in the dark. The only family member I have is my little dog. I am drowning in school loans and am unable to find a job in my field of study. Please someone (God) please help me before I become homeless. I also have many health issues going on.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately singles do have less options and few programs available to them, in particular when it comes to housing. The dog may also make it more difficult for you. Have you considered a roommate or talking to the landlord to prevent the eviction? Maybe they have a payment plan for you. Also look into credit counseling for those loans. But there may be some rent type programs for you. In the meantime, read more eviction prevention.