Need the deposit for a new section 8 apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Malawai
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need the deposit for a new section 8 apartment

Post by Malawai »

I am being evicted out my apartment, I am currently on section 8 and I don’t have money to save up so I can move to my new apartment that is currently still section 8. My income is not a lot, plus I have 3 young pretty daughters ages 8 months, 6 years old, and 13 years old.

My kids are not going to have a Christmas, This year will be the 3 year that didn’t get toys or clothes due to my income. I work part time care giving . I am going to be living on the streets with my 3 kids. Please I ask that you can bless us out we need to come up with $2,000. So we can move right away to new apartment that’s already.
MarcoR

Re: Need the deposit for a new section 8 apartment

Post by MarcoR »

My husband & myself are both disabled for different medical issues. Both of us have chronic conditions that eventually are terminal.
We were born, raised & live in Miami-Dade county, Florida for 52 and 55 years, neither know how or where to apply for a section 8 housing
voucher or how & where to obtain the application. I have been trying to get an address or phone number for years but it seems to be a huge secret that no one will divulge.

We no longer can manage to pay our rent or afford the co-pay for my husbands medicines. We do not feel safe where we live & we are desperate to move because there have been many threats against us & our cars are often vandalized because we refuse to give or sell my husbands pain medications.
Unfortunately it is common knowledge that cancer patients are prescribed pain medication especially if they are terminal & my husband looks very ill & weak. Isn't that a form of extortion? I have been trying to get to the state attorney's office to press charges but I have been to sick to go. I hope to go this week if I feel just a little bit better.

We need an address or phone number where we can apply for help with moving to a different place where we will be safe, help with paying rent & especially the expensive medication my husband needs & has gone without because we cannot afford the co-pay.
It's a terrible thing to live in constant fear on top of being so sick. I pray that you can please help by guiding us to the right place.
Thanking you in advance.
Swifter1

Post by Swifter1 »

I've been looking for an apartment for a year now, I finally found one and section 8 says my move in date will be 6/1/15 but I was told I need $1,500 for me security deposit and plus my share of my rent to move in. its been a tough year for me and I just got back to work but can't seem to catch up with my current bills so I'm set back and all I want is for my sons to have their own home again.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

There are few places that assist with security deposits and if found usually only partials. Talk to section 8 personnel to see if they can direct you to any places that may be able to assist.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While section 8 will not normally pay the deposit, there may be exceptions for the disabled. If you really can't find the address to apply, then that is too bad as it shows a lack of self-sufficiency, and that will truly hurt your case to enroll or to get deposit help. The numbers are right on the internet, under a public housing authority. Anyway, learn more on the vouchers and section 8 deposit help.
Jamie Houck

Post by Jamie Houck »

My son and I have been homeless for about 6 months or more after leaving our section 8 apartment. We have been staying in my car, spending nights here and there with friends. I currently work but I am also obligated to pay back student loans from my time at Winston-Salem State University.
I really need assistance with security deposit and first months rent so that I will be able to get ahead some how. If there are some agencies that assist with this need please inform me. I am a single mother of a very handsome and smart 3 year old boy and I really need help regarding housing matters.
Felise Navadad

Post by Felise Navadad »

I received a section 8 voucher but I can't afford the security deposit and first month's rent. I have income but not enough to cover my current bills which take up almost all of that, tried getting a loan on my own to make up what I don't have but told no. My family (myself and two daughters) really need to move out from where we live. The duplex has bed bugs and we have lost everything because of that, have been blessed to receive the voucher but can't see saving to move. Please help.
Jeff Brian

Post by Jeff Brian »

Hello, I am a single mother of three from northwest Indiana. My children and I are currently without a home and are currently in the process of trying to find a home. However I recently lost my job and am currently unable to come up with a security deposit. I was recently approved for a section 8 voucher and I only have a small amount of time to find a place before I can no longer use my voucher. If you could please send me some info that would help it would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While each situation is different, in general the homeless prevention programs in Indiana may offer some security deposit help. But whether it is for a section 8 place or not, you need to ask. As generally that form of support is rare.
Jeff Brian wrote:Hello, I am a single mother of three from northwest Indiana. My children and I are currently without a home and are currently in the process of trying to find a home. However I recently lost my job and am currently unable to come up with a security deposit.
Shopper

Post by Shopper »

Good Evening, I am writing to ask for funds in the amount of 500.00 to pay a move in security deposit for a section 8 apartment. I have a housing voucher and I have chosen to reside at flats 130. It is a newer building in Old city 2 it is small with access to the gym, swimming etc. Which will help greatly assist in my recovery. I am waiting for word for the date of my second surgery of my left foot. My right got has an arch and walking this easy has caused me more problems such as DDD, SPODILOSIS AND ARTHRITIS. To be able to move will allow me to truly get better which is all I want, and your help for the section 8 deposit would be a life changer for me.