Shelter for disabled mom and child

Find how to get help with rent
Bravo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Shelter for disabled mom and child

Post by Bravo »

Disabled mom & 14 year old son. Can not even find a SHELTER to take both of us. Son too low functioning to live separate shelter. I am a legally disabled 45 year old lady with an adult (14 year old) autistic and developmentally delayed son (basically functions between 2-7 years. Soon to be homeless. Can not find homeless shelter that can room us together. I am on medication for pain management and anxiety. Need low cost housing long term & at minimum shelter can take both of us. Thank you.
Mary B W
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Shelter for disabled mom and child

Post by Mary B W »

We are behind on rent about $1,900 this month and was due on the 1st of December and have till the 18th of December to pay the rent or we get our 2nd pay of vacate notice. At that point we will need a homeless shelter. It’s me, my wife who is disabled, and 3 year old son that live here and just moved.
In October of this year. I recently was struggling to get to work due to my car catching fire and in the shop for 3 weeks and then got laid off about a week ago. I am starting a new job July 8th and my disabled wife and mom of my kids is working at McDonald's part time. I am not sure if we are going to have enough money to pay the rent by the 18th and it's our second 14 day or vacate in a row which is not a good look on a tenant and quite stressful on the tenants. Any help or resources would be greatly appreciated, in particular shelters for disabled women or moms with kids. Thank you and have a great night.