Lost my money order I was using to pay my rent

Find how to get help with rent
Flipit
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Lost my money order I was using to pay my rent

Post by Flipit »

I am a mother of two in need of help. I need help paying my rent ($486.13) because I lost my money order with the receipt and is unable to make payment this month. I let my manager of the complex know what's happened, and she is willing to work with me, because I have never been late on a payment. I always make sure my rent is paid, but I made a mistake this month and lost my money order. I don't know what else to do.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost my money order I was using to pay my rent

Post by Admin »

Well, that was very careless to lose your money. It is also hard to prove when you are seeking rental assistance from a charity. So good luck. We doubt that is a good enough reason to get help. Maybe borrow money from a friend, family member, etc. to give to the apartment manager. Also, locate rent assistance programs.
Ecola

Post by Ecola »

Hello, I owe housing $1800. In 2010 I took over my mom’s lease and she owed back pay rent, I gave her the money to make a money order and she took the money and left to LA and I have been struggling ever since. I was hoping that I could get help paying the bill. So my children and I won't be homeless anymore, I want to know if you have any resources that can help me become stable. I have had plenty jobs in the past I have no problem with working, I also would like to finish school I just need stability. I looked on your website it explains that you have grants that help with certain things. Do I qualify?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is horrible of your mom...taking that money order. since you are a college student, there may be some loan programs for you. College students can also look into financial aid from your school for housing or rent needs.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html

Ecola wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:06 pm Hello, I owe housing $1800. In 2010 I took over my mom’s lease and she owed back pay rent, I gave her the money to make a money order and she took the money and left to LA and I have been struggling ever since.