Contacts for section 8 in Wisconsin

Find how to get help with rent
R Penske
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Contacts for section 8 in Wisconsin

Post by R Penske »

I applied for assistance and section 8 I believe in 2009 and have not received any notices. I have called a couple times and was still far on the waiting list and was wondering how to get a hold of Waukesha County to see where my application stands. I am in much needed help with rent and bills and am trying to find out more information. I recently moved out to Waukesha County and was wondering if there’s any type of help you can inform me with or how to get hold of the section 8 housing authority to see where my application stands. Hope to hear something soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Contacts for section 8 in Wisconsin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately section 8 can have a multiple year waiting list. Not just in Wisconsin buy every state. The availability depends on government funding levels, how many landlords enroll, whether a tenant "graduates" from the program and frees up a home and more. We do have contact information for all of Wisconsin, including the Waukesha County region. So this gives you options if and when you decide to move again. Here are the section 8 listing and phone numbers for Wisconsin. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... onsin.html
Maxie Mac

Post by Maxie Mac »

My daughter in Wisconsin is in need of rent. She has a broken back she did apply for SSI but that's going to take time. She applied for housing and section 8. The landlord is throwing her out on the 30th of the month. No lease she lives in friendly WV there aren’t nothing there to help her and she has no phone or transportation to the site to contact. She is in a tuff spot waiting on section 8. She has no ID or family. There she is fighting for custody of her daughter. We all live in NH. Thank you.
Maximus12

Post by Maximus12 »

Hello,
I'm in need of help trying to come up with 1st months’ rent for section 8. I found a place in New Richmond WI and have already put down the security deposit. Now I need contacts to help with 1st months’ rent then I can move in. I lost my apartment in May 2018 and have been jumping from place to place since then. I have to young children for the section 8 housing. Once I give 1st months’ rent I can start moving my stuff in. Please let me know if you can help. I'm running out of options and contacts. I have never asked for help like this before. Thanks, and have a good day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry you lost your apartment. There are section 8 housing programs in Wisconsin, but they rarely (if ever) pay for the security deposit. We have the phone numbers and contact information on the site, including for New Richmond.
Maximus12 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:17 pm Hello,
I'm in need of help trying to come up with 1st months’ rent for section 8. I found a place in New Richmond WI and have already put down the security deposit. Now I need contacts to help with 1st months’ rent then I can move in. I lost my apartment in May 2018 and have been jumping from place to place since then. I have to young children for the section 8 housing. Once I give 1st months’ rent I can start moving my stuff in. Please let me know if you can help. I'm running out of options and contacts. I have never asked for help like this before. Thanks, and have a good day.