Help with deposits in Virginia can keep us housed

Find how to get help with rent
JohnChandler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with deposits in Virginia can keep us housed

Post by JohnChandler »

I’m homeless with 5 kids and one on the way. We have been in Norfolk for about 3 months now. We just cant come up with the money for the deposit and first month rent. I know if I could get help with that then I can do my monthly rent just need help getting there. I don’t want my kids to be homeless on Christmas. Its bad enough that they will not be receiving gift this year so if some one can help us it would mean the world to us. Thank you for your time.
Bravado

Re: Help with deposits in Virginia can keep us housed

Post by Bravado »

We are very close to being homeless soon. We are a young married couple in Virginia with an almost 2 year old and our second just weeks from being born. My husband is working about 7 days a week most times but it just doesn't seem to be getting us where we need to be.... with the cost of a toddler and a new baby almost here there are a lot of expenses. We really only need help getting our foot in the door of our own place, so the deposit is needed.
My husband is looking for other work (offshore) but know that it won't come in time... please...we really need this help. I’ve been on the phone calling places and searching the internet for help and cannot find anything so far.
Brady12
anti spam: Blue

Post by Brady12 »

Dear Sir/Madam:
I am writing to see if your organization can provide me with assistance in paying my rent. I live in Norfolk, VA and have been actively looking for employment for the past two years. In the past, I had some savings which I used to live off of. I have sold all of my jewelry to pay for rent and utilities. I now have a loan on my car because I saw no other option, that I am having trouble paying at this time. I have only worked in the secretarial field and have no other form of experience but am quite sure that I could do whatever job I get.
I would appreciate whatever assistance you can provide, even a security deposit for a new home, or any referrals that you are able to provide.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Respectfully submitted,
Ceiling

Post by Ceiling »

I am a single mother who works full time and live at home with my parents and my son in Virginia. I am in big need on rental deposit assistance, so I can move us into a decent two bedroom apartment or house that is within my budget, but trying to total up first month rent and deposit is where I am struggling to get. Hope I can get some kind of assistance. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you were to receive help, such as say the deposit for a new home, what would you do next month? What is your long term plan to avoid homelessness and get your life back on track? This will also be required by agencies in Virginia. Only then may an agency help. Also, the job market is booming right now. How can you not have found a job in over 2 years? You clearly need help and use workforce centers or counselors. Until then, read security deposit help in Virginia.
Parseti

Post by Parseti »

My 2 children and I need to find new housing a soon as possible. We are currently living with my family but we are all being evicted. We have anywhere from 72 hours to 30 days to get out we will know for sure next week when my mom and stepfather go to court. Their father and I are trying to get a low income apartment in Bowling Green Virginia but cannot afford the security deposit IF my kids and I have to be out in the next week or so. If we can't get this apartment then we will have to go stay with him in his family’s home which is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath that would mean all 4 of us will have to share one room. My fiancé just started a job this past Monday after losing his last job about a month ago due to the company having to let everyone go. He doesn't get his first paycheck until Christmas day. If possible at all any help we could receive for the deposit would be greatly appreciated.
Entresto

Post by Entresto »

My family and I were in a situation where our previous landlord decided that she wanted to sell the house. This really put me and my family in a tough situation. My wife and I have 5 children, and we all have been staying at a motel which is costing us $60 a day. We have been here since April 30th, when we have searched and found a house. We are asking for assistance on paying for the security deposit, and we can pay first month's rent, which is $700. We are located on the eastern shore of Virginia in Accomack County. Thanks, my God bless you.