Domestic violence shelter programs

Find how to get help with rent
Hotmom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Domestic violence shelter programs

Post by Hotmom »

I am in a domestic violence situation, I have been awaiting on disability in which I have a attorney. Meanwhile I am at a shelter for domestic violence for women, The Julian Center. Due to being unsafe my family has been torn apart and very scared. I have been dealing with this man for 10 years. The last 2 years I’ve been stalked and harassed. My daughters are terrified for my life. So now being safe is cared for. I am homeless and in need of assistance of any kind in housing. Thank you for reading this.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Domestic violence shelter programs

Post by Admin »

There is one federal government family violence prevention program which offers low income housing and other support, especially to women and children. They can help move people out of shelters into more transitional housing and apartments, so it may be exactly what you need for that domestic violence situation. Also, look into legal aid and representation too. Read more.
Lifestyle

Post by Lifestyle »

Was wondering where to go to apply for help paying my rent. I recently lost my job and close to eviction. I recently lost my father to suicide and struggle with depression. I am also a victim of domestic violence and I did live in a shelter in the past. I am a father to two beautiful girls and don't want to be living on the streets. If there is anything you can do to send me in a direction for applying for assistance. It would be much appreciated.
Earningsp

Post by Earningsp »

To whom it may concern
I'm from New York City. Once because of domestic violence, my mom and I are the victim. I and my mother and sister live in the shelter for six years ready, we have applied for a Domestic violence shelter program to help us, about fifteen hundred dollars a month, but we have been unable to find any hosing to move out of the Domestic violence shelter program. It’s hard for us to find a house, especially I go to school full time, my sister is working, and my mother’s English is not good. I just do not know what I should do.
PrestonJames

Post by PrestonJames »

I am a single mom of three daughters that is currently getting divorced after taking my girls and moving to a domestic violence safe shelter. We got temporary rent assistance through the SPRF program and were able to move into our own apartment, but between having two babies and a kindergartener as well as not having any support in the area finding a job and childcare has been difficult
My middle daughter has been evaluated as special needs and requires different care and we have many home visits with many different providers through EC Cares as well as Relief Nursery so leaving the girls in another's care has been problematic there as well. Am working on finding suitable childcare and have been applying for jobs regardless but we run out of rent assistance as of the end of June and July 1st have to be able to pay the entire amount of rent. The domestic violence shelter will not work anymore with us. The only income the girls and I receive is TANF through the state currently and it is not enough to cover rent alone as well as utilities. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated.