Will be homeless with Security deposit in New York City

Find how to get help with rent
Justine
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Will be homeless with Security deposit in New York City

Post by Justine »

I am about to be homeless and I have nothing. My husband is just starting back to work after neither of us being able to find work for almost a year. We have been taking care of my grandmother while she was on hospice and staying with her until she passed away recently. Now the house is going into probate and my husband and and I are gonna have to take our 2 kids and leave. We will be able to pay rent on a place but have no way of getting the security deposit required to move in anywhere.
Candy
anti spam: Blue

Re: Will be homeless with Security deposit in New York City

Post by Candy »

My husband is in jail for at least a year and I work part time, and have 2 teenaged daughters. We are currently staying with family in New York City but it's a stressful situation for all and I have found an apartment in my kids current school district but I cant afford to get into it. Deposits on apartment and utilities, first months rent, and probably going to have trouble paying the $475 rent plus utilities and all the other bills. I’m at a loss as to what to do because I've already been told that we need to hurry up and get our own home.
Herf Tim

Post by Herf Tim »

We are trying to rent out very first home and were having trouble saving up the first months rent plus the security deposit. We have to act fast on the offer we were approved but we don't get paid until the 15 of August. And that is when we have to move out of our family's house since they are looking to sell. My children, fiancé, babysitter and myself well be homeless in NYC if we miss this opportunity. We just need some help please. Thank you for you're time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is no way you can save the money for a security deposit in that little time. But there are agencies to try in New York City, even with the cost of housing being so high. Also, why are you trying to move your baby sitter too? That sounds very odd. If you can afford a full time sitter, why not the deposit in or rent in NYC. Anyway, try here for resources. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _city.html
ENGH1

Post by ENGH1 »

To whom it may concern
I am getting paid 16.50 a hour and my rent reaches $ 1,350 a month. Sometimes I am not promised 40 hours and am behind on rent and by the way it looks is as if I really do need help. If not I will be losing my apartment so I now need money for a security deposit. I have a son and daughter and it would be devastating losing our home and to seek a deposit. I would like to see if you guys can help in any way. I live in the Bronx in the state of new York.
Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try some of the eviction and homeless prevention programs in New York. They cover people living in the Bronx. As paying $1350 for any housing in the NYC region is actually a good deal. So maybe they can give you a few dollars for the security deposit to move. So try those programs for the rental deposit and other support. They are listed here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ion_a.html
ENGH1 wrote:To whom it may concern
I am getting paid 16.50 a hour and my rent reaches $ 1,350 a month. Sometimes I am not promised 40 hours and am behind on rent and by the way it looks is as if I really do need help. If not I will be losing my apartment so I now need money for a security deposit. I have a son and daughter and it would be devastating losing our home and to seek a deposit. I would like to see if you guys can help in any way. I live in the Bronx in the state of new York.
Thanks!