Social services case manager is not helping with housing nee

Find how to get help with rent
Trina
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Social services case manager is not helping with housing nee

Post by Trina »

I live in Somerset, NJ. I was on public assistance and recently became employed. I was told my TRA was still active until I started receiving eviction notices. The case worker continued to tell me "that he sent the rent to my land lord, he doesn't know why I continue to receive notices to appear in court, and he would look into it and call me back." I have not received any call backs. I spoke to my landlord who says they have not received payment for rent since April 1st. She also stated that she has not received rental payment for his other clients. I had to appear in court on 5/15/14 where I spoke with the rental manager and their lawyer. I have been given until 11/30/14 to pay them $2710. I'm in desperate need of any assistance and/or further information to avoid my daughter and I becoming homeless.
David Faber

Re: Social services case manager is not helping with housing needs

Post by David Faber »

Hello,
 I hope this email finds you well.
I am a housing case Social services manager with Catholic Community Services of Western Washington. I am emailing with a few questions for different clients! I have heard Saint Vincent De Paul offers diverse programs, and I am just hoping to gather some information.
 One client I work with is an immigrant without documentation and he is also a senior. He is currently homeless and receives no stable income. When he can, he does odd gigs and jobs. He would like to connect with a temp agency but is unsure about whether not documentation or social security having will impact his ability to secure temp jobs through an agency. He has connected with CASA Latina and Centro de la Raza but he is hoping to explore all of his options. He would like to avoid demanding physical labor. Do you know if there are any outlets or agencies that can help him find more consistent income and employment? He also cannot access food stamps. He does access food banks, but it can be unpredictable at times. Do you know if there are resources for people without documentation to get food?
 The other client I have as a Social services case manager I would like to inquire about is also homeless. He does have a housing lead, but his debt is a barrier. He will be able to pay his rent if he can take care of his debt soon. He currently owes his bank a payment of 268 dollars. I know Saint Vincent De Paul can sometimes help with debt, so I’m hoping I can refer him someone to talk to about that, if possible. He also wanted me to inquire about financial aid to help getting a driver’s license reinstated. He argues that the license will help him find a better job. That cost would be around 200$. I told him I was unsure as a Social services case manager that there were resources for that, but that I would ask.
 Any information you can give me would be so helpful and much appreciated. Please let me know what you think.
Mixed Emotions

Re: Social services case manager is not helping with housing nee

Post by Mixed Emotions »

Hi, my name is Mrs. Briggs, I’m reaching out to inquire about housing information as my case worker from social services is not helping much. My family and I have been homeless for nearly 2 years now. I recently found a place, and reached out to dept of social services for help moving into the home. I was told today that we only qualify for them to cover the first month’s rent and brokers fee. Now I'm left to come up with my own security deposit which is $3,800.
I know for certain that we’ll be able to cover our monthly rent which is $1,883.00. At the moment the hold up is getting the security deposit from social services for the housing. I mentioned this to a friend and they told me to reach out to some different charities. At first I was a little uneasy about reaching out for help because I have a pride issue but being that we have 5 children counting on us to get them out of the family shelter I’m left with no choice but to seek outside help. As of right now I’m praying I find a resolution to this matter. If you may have any resources that can help my family please contact me.