Waiting on SSI in order to pay rent

Find how to get help with rent
Rashel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Waiting on SSI in order to pay rent

Post by Rashel »

I’m disabled and I have children...I've received a 3 day pay or quit notice for back rent owed. I receive SSI and I pay every month but SSI owes me back pay and they are now 46 days late releasing my first back pay check and my landlord refuses to work with me on it.

I also have a shutoff notice for my PGE and my phone has already been shutoff. I took all the documents of proof to the SSI office and they filed an exposition to release my underpayment on May 01 2014 and the lady said it will be 10 days to get my check so I wont be in the in the street. However its now been 13 days and nothing I desperately need help to save my home. I only owe now $575.00 on the rent and $337.00 on my PGE... if you could please help me to save our home I will be able to maintain my bills from there on out. I live in Bakersfield CA.93304...AGAIN PLEASE HELP MY FAMILY WE WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFULL... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND GOD BLESS...PLEASE NOTIY ME ASAP..THANKS AGAIN.
sasolis

Re: Waiting on SSI in order to pay rent

Post by sasolis »

This site provides no funds just lots of resource information. Looks at what is available in your area and try calling 211 for resource info. Good Luck
Parseti

Post by Parseti »

I need 700 dollars for September rent. My husband has not had any work for 2 weeks since he was laid off and all I make is 200 a week at my job, and my kids are on SSI. We need help fast! The first of September is coming and we still do not have August paid, I don't want to get evicted. I will work off the payment if need be!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How do you only make $200 per week at your job in Washington DC? That is $5 per hour? The minimum wage is trip that. Are you only working several hours per week? If so, then work more. Get another job too. And why is your husband not getting unemployment? Anyway, find rent help inb Washington DC for you and your family.
Parseti wrote:I need 700 dollars for September rent. My husband has not had any work for 2 weeks since he was laid off and all I make is 200 a week at my job, and my kids are on SSI. We need help fast! The first of September is coming and we still do not have August paid, I don't want to get evicted. I will work off the payment if need be!!!!
AkexT

Post by AkexT »

I am 53 years old and live month to month off my SSI benefits. I have a large dog and no place of my own. I have been looking for a studio or one bedroom apartment for my dog and I but can't seem to find one in my price range that will allow my dog. I am waiting on the annual bump in my SSI, but now am in desperate need of monthly rent assistance so that I can get into a place. Please help or point me in some direction.
Joe Bellino

Post by Joe Bellino »

Hello my name is Selena. My fiance who is disabled on SSI, two kids, and I are moving out of state from Arizona to Texas and we were wondering if we can get help with rent, being that we live on SSI. Are there any programs or services that provide help with moving out of state? My fiance is currently working as an assistant manager in retail in the produce department as he get SSI disablity. And I work at a restaurant as a cook and server. We want to move in the next two months but are needing a little more help with putting down a security deposit or paying that first or second months rent for an apartment. My email address is selenamurrieta5@gmail.com and I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for taking the time to read my email.