I was evicted and now sleeping in my car

Find how to get help with rent
Hopkins
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I was evicted and now sleeping in my car

Post by Hopkins »

Very low income 13,161.60 a year, totally disabled and can't work. I went thru bad marriage, bad credit. I was also evicted because couldn't afford rent, living out my car. The family tell you that you can live in there place for free and under city violation, and until you receive section 8 voucher, which is what I’m waiting for or until I get on my feet. They than started charging me rent I can't afford, then I am back sleeping in my car. I need help!!
Arrington

Re: I was evicted and now sleeping in my car

Post by Arrington »

I need assistance with first month rent and security deposit so I can stop sleeping in my car. I work full time, but I'm raising 2 small children with no assistance. I just went thru a nasty divorce and lost everything. I just need some help getting back on my feet.
I was evicted at the end of the month and we will be homeless if not for my car. Any help at this point will be better than what I have. I really need a response ASAP. I'm begging and pleading for any help available. Not looking for a hand out, just a hand up to address our past eviction. Thanks in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are sleeping in your car, maybe move to a shelter in Cleveland first to save money. Your two small children can also go to a facility with you. That way you can save up your money for the deposit help you need, and get out of that car. The shelter will also have programs to help you get back on your feet.
Arrington wrote:I need assistance with first month rent and security deposit so I can stop sleeping in my car. I work full time, but I'm raising 2 small children with no assistance. I just went thru a nasty divorce and lost everything. I just need some help getting back on my feet.
Ahhdaddy

Post by Ahhdaddy »

My husband and I have been homeless for 4 months now. We have 3 school age kids and need help. We currently sleep in our car or if we can have the kids stay at a family member’s house we do so. My husband is waiting on his unemployment to be approved. And he's looking for work meanwhile. We need any help with housing please. We have never been evicted but we don't have good credit. Thanks.
Drew Drew

Post by Drew Drew »

Recently I have been evicted from my home and am now in a car. I had four children and we were abandon by my husband and left with nowhere to go. I have a job making 16.41 an hour at Aetna but I really need help finding a place for me and my children. I tried to sign up for section 8 last year but it is still pending. I would really appreciate any and all the assistance that I can get to help get me and my children back on our feet. Thank you in advance.
Prassad

Post by Prassad »

Me and my husband has been sleeping in our car. We are looking for jobs but no luck yet. We are hoping to find something soon.
We are trying to find a place to live. We have 3 children that is in foster care right now cause we have no way to be able to take care of them. We are going to be starting drug rehab soon to get clean for our baby's. We have no one that can help us, no family that we can stay with. It's just me and him it. It is really cold at night time.
We can have our car running because of no gas. We have no food. We are lucky enough to get enough scrap to get enough money to get a little gas and a little food.
I'm begging you please, We need help bad. We don't know what to do anymore. We miss our baby's and want to bring them home.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Talk to a social worker that deals with foster care kids. There are housing and shelter programs, listed here for SC.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... reven.html
Maybe they have ideas for other programs you need too, such as gas, etc.
Prassad wrote:Me and my husband has been sleeping in our car. We are looking for jobs but no luck yet. We are hoping to find something soon.
We are trying to find a place to live. We have 3 children that is in foster care right now cause we have no way to be able to take care of them. We are going to be starting drug rehab soon to get clean for our baby's. We have no one that can help us, no family that we can stay with. It's just me and him it. It is really cold at night time.
We can have our car running because of no gas. We have no food. We are lucky enough to get enough scrap to get enough money to get a little gas and a little food.
I'm begging you please, We need help bad. We don't know what to do anymore. We miss our baby's and want to bring them home.
Maxie

Post by Maxie »

I am in need of deposit assistance I do have a job. I have a son and we were evicted and are currently staying in the car or motel six. So its hard for me to save money due to this reason. I have found a unit in Union city and he will hold it for me if I can get deposit money to him. I do have a section eight voucher and if I don't get this place my voucher will expire... then I will really be down. Please help, thank you.
LondonFall

Post by LondonFall »

To whom it may concern. I am trying to locate a gentleman with your organization that I was told will help me as I am homeless and living in a friend's car after recently having brain surgery and losing my husband and being evicted. I was told that you guys offered gift cards for gas Etc. I would appreciate any response I can get and thank you so much for your time.
BLM1

Post by BLM1 »

I am in need of emergency assistance. I am currently homeless, was evicted and live in a friends car. I have many health problems including seizures, blood clots, cellulitis, just to name a few. I was currently living with a friend but she form an addiction of drugs and would spend every dollar I gave her on drugs.
She recently just kicked me out / evicted me because she had drained me dry financially. I came home one day and all my stuff in out front of her house with no notice. I am currently now unemployed since I have no transportation to get to my job. Unemployment denied me but I am fighting it. Idk what else to do I have contacted everyone possible to try and get help but I am not getting anywhere and told I reached the wrong department and give me another number and it turned out to be yet another let down. Please help!!