Alternatives to shelter

Find how to get help with rent
Spanarno1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Alternatives to shelter

Post by Spanarno1 »

My father started drinking and lost his job do he couldn't afford our rent anymore. I didn't want my brother and sisters to be around him anymore because he was becoming unstable, so I took them to the motel I work at. But now I have to pay $550 for the month but after buying food and gas to get them back and forth to school I can't afford it. I need help. I don't know what to do, I don't want my siblings living in a shelter.
sasolis

Re: Alternatives to shelter

Post by sasolis »

If you are of age you may be able to get custody of them. I would try calling 211 and see if there are any resources available.
Candy

Post by Candy »

Our current landlord is refusing to make the necessary repairs to our home. The bathroom floor has begun to rot causing the tub and toilet to start sinking as well as the walls to lean. The floor is unstable and already is showing signs of growing mold. The cabinet in the back of the shower has leaned to the point that one of the doors fell off hitting my niece in the forehead leaving her with a huge knot and concussion. Our bedroom wall has a fist size hole leading outside. Our power continuously has outages due to thrown fuses. We are in desperate need of a new place to live ASAP and do not want a shelter. Can someone help us relocate to a new place within our county. This has become an emergent need.
SouthernGirl

Post by SouthernGirl »

Hello...
I currently live in transitional housing shelter at the address listed below and are looking for alternatives... I have a Single Occupancy Room lease with HUD... the lease ended April 3rd and has been extended as a courtesy... I was awarded my portable Section8 and am currently looking for a new place... my rental cap with Section8 is $844... $261 is my portion to pay... I'm in need of the following:
$246 for this months late payment
Security/1st months rent
LGE deposit if needed... 1st time needing them
Basic household items
Vocational Rehab job assistance
Monthly bus pass
Educational direction
I'm not quite sure what else might be needed...
Please let me know what resources are available for a Disabled Veteran with no VA compensation or pension plan and what alternatives there are to a shelter.
I was a client of VOA, Broadway located in Louisville, but upon calling to reestablish service was told I need to be 'on the street' type of homelessness... I live in a subsidized homeless shelter...