Question on section 8 in Alabama

Find how to get help with rent
scurry
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Question on section 8 in Alabama

Post by scurry »

I'm a single mother on assistance, I currently live with my mother in Alabama & unfortunately it's not working out, for many, many reasons. I am looking into me and my daughter moving to another county. The job opportunities are much better as well as the pay. If I make this move I will need help, like section 8 for a short time. My question is, can you apply and go ahead and get on the waiting list without living in that county yet? And do you have to do the application in office or can you do it another way? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
sasolis

Re: Question on section 8 in Alabama

Post by sasolis »

You will need to ask that local Sec 8 housing office what the rules are. I suggest if possible call them asap and if you can get on the list do so; waiting list are months if not years behind.
Newburgh

Post by Newburgh »

Live in Alabama.
I'm applying to section 8 on behalf of my husband, who's name is on the lease. I've been trying to find financial assistance for an entire week, today is my last day to receive a blessing of help. Please, we're desperate. Tomorrow we'll be officially homeless.
We have no transportation, but can fax over all documents needed from the office in Alabama. We need about 350 from section 8 for our burden to be lifted. Currently we are in a housing hotel, due to our home having an electrical fire. This hotel is all we have.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you have a signed lease but never approved for section 8? That may be too late. Check with the public housing authority in Alabama. Read more here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... abama.html
Some states and HUD agencies require approval for section 8 first before signing a lease...so be mindful of that.
Newburgh wrote:Live in Alabama.
I'm applying to section 8 on behalf of my husband, who's name is on the lease.