Landlord terminating my lease

Find how to get help with rent
Goldman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Landlord terminating my lease

Post by Goldman »

Me and my daughter got the worst news of life. My landlord over the housing authority is terminating my lease. Or I can fight the cause everyone that lives near me has had others at there place and when I got on to for my friend she never stay after that she came over during the day but no more. She even went home at night. I have no where to go and I have my six month old daughter to look after. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Landlord terminating my lease

Post by Admin »

If you think it is an illegal termination, then try legal aid to fight it. Maybe your housing authority will back off and have your landlord do the same. If they can't think you have a civil case, then they may have referrals to shelters for you. A list of law firms by state is on the site. Learn more.
Sylvia1

Post by Sylvia1 »

Can you please provide us with information on how you can assist us as our landlord is terminating our lease? My husband and our daughter and her family (her husband and 3 boys, 8, 5 and 2) have been in Tucson for over 3 years and are currently living in the home my husband and I have been renting.  Our landlord has informed us as of November 10th that he is interested in selling the property and is terminating our lease as of December 15th.  We would love to be able to buy it and stay there but due to lots of circumstances - we don't have good credit (both of our husbands are disabled but we both work).  Is there anything you can assist us with or can you point us in the right direction?
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

those dates (40 days notice) due not seem like much time. What does your lease state? if you need help with credit as well as other needs, then try free lawyers in Mississippi. Good for you that both are working even though disabled. That legal aid can put you in the right direction.
Sylvia1 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:16 am Our landlord has informed us as of November 10th that he is interested in selling the property and is terminating our lease as of December 15th.  We would love to be able to buy it and stay there but due to lots of circumstances - we don't have good credit (both of our husbands are disabled but we both work).  Is there anything you can assist us with or can you point us in the right direction?
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.