Find how to get help with rent
elliott
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Still behind on rent even though have two jobs

Post by elliott »

Hello,
I am in a financial crisis where I need help paying my late bill of last month's rent and my rent for February. With the money I acquired from my two jobs was only $344.00 which I gave to my place of rental. But I still owe $344 and with next month's rent of $720, I do not know how I will be able to pay for it. I am a student, attending College in Chicago. With attaining those two jobs, I thought it would suffice my bills. Along with that, my light bill has caught up with me with a balance of $144.00. I'm 22 years old, and just trying to make it. I have no other options to find assistance with my bills, I'm honestly at a loss right now. If you have any helpful information with assistance, I would greatly appreciate it.
S_Berner

Re: Still behind on rent even though have two jobs

Post by S_Berner »

I am a single mother from a small town in North Carolina. I have an 15 year old daughter that's fixing to start college in Franklin Springs, Georgia in less than two weeks. Senior year of high school was very costly not to add my electric bill in the summer months is extremely high. Almost as much as the rent. Fortunately I was able to specify that I wanted to start paying back the loan that I had to take out for my daughter's college after she graduate.
Unfortunately I was giving a list of things that she will need for college and I haven't been able to work much into my budget and the remaining balance of her money for school won't come until late September or even October. I am a month behind on my rent as of right now and I need $850.00 for July & August. I just paid $385.00 for my electric bill from my last job and my August 31st amount due is 447.00. I have a full time job but I also have medical problems that prevents me from working 40 hours most weeks. Luckily we have a program at my job in which I was able to clear my doctor that allows time that I miss from work to be excused.
I need help getting my bills back on track. The past few months have really been some trying times for me and I don't know where to go. Can you help me? No matter how big or small it would be greatly appreciated
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Still behind on rent even though have two jobs

Post by Admin »

Sounds like the help you need is short term only. So there are charities in Northern North Carolina that may help with the rent you need. Read more.
Sounds like you are on your way for stability, but only need short term aid. So that may help you get approved by one of the NC agencies, as they are more likely to assist with rent in those cases.
S_Berner wrote:I am a single mother from a small town in North Carolina.