The New Jersey section 8 waiting list is long

Find how to get help with rent
Wolcott
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

The New Jersey section 8 waiting list is long

Post by Wolcott »

Am on Section 8 (HUD). I have been living at present address in New Jersey since 2004. Complex has approved my moving to a first floor apartment because of health reasons. My Case Worker has told me I cannot take apartment because my voucher has changed from 3 bedrooms to 1 bedroom. I am on 3rd floor and my portions is covering the extra 2 bedrooms. But I still have my daughter with me and on lease. She receives Disability and so do I.
Moving to another apartment would be cheaper and will help with me climbing all these stairs, which leaves me more fatigue and in pain. But, because new guidelines myself and daughter (17 years old) which has had her room since we located, and also will keep her in present school to graduate next year. My case worker says I am unable to move because Voucher will not allow me. The complex has approved Doctor's notes but section 8 won’t. Even when cost is less expensive. Cannot get a phone number to speak to someone in New Jersey about him. Please advise me. Thank you.
Siena

Re: The New Jersey section 8 waiting list is long

Post by Siena »

Hi, I have a 14 year old son. I recently lost my job, was denied unemployment benefits, and now have been given a 3 day eviction notice from Section 8 agency. I have no family here in town, and just have no other resources to go too. I don't want my son and I to end up homeless. Landlord is giving me until Friday to pay. Can you please help me. I've tried other organizations. My mother told me to pray to god, I'm still praying.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: The New Jersey section 8 waiting list is long

Post by Admin »

If HUD section 8 is evicting you, then that will present challenges to say the least. It is income based housing in New Jersey. This means you only needed to pay a portion of your income for rent. Why could you not do that? Now you will also probably not be eligible to go back on the waiting list since you were evicted. Maybe try moving in with your mother. Anyway, locate more information on New Jersey section 8 and some places to turn to for advice.