I only have a room in the Bronx

Find how to get help with rent
Mushy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I only have a room in the Bronx

Post by Mushy »

I'm a single mom. My daughters dad recently died and I'm living with my sister in law. I am living in a small room isn't healthy for them. I need help finding and apartment and food and cash to help me. I live in the Bronx but would like to leave this area. If you can help me it would be a blessing because doors keep closing on me. I try to do good things and bad things keep coming back to me. Please I really need your help.
sasolis

Re: I only have a room in the Bronx

Post by sasolis »

Have you filed for your daughters social security death benefits, will help out alot.
alicia S

Post by alicia S »

I need help paying back rent balance of $432.00 for my room in the Bronx. I have been unemployed and was receiving benefits until my former employer appealed the decision and I have not received benefits for a while. I do have a part time job, however I need to catch up the past due rent amount in order to stop an eviction and my daughter and have nowhere to go, she is 13 years old.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have no idea if an agency will help pay for hotel rooms or not. $432 also seems like a lot of money. Maybe try a Bronx transitional housing program for you and your daughter. There are kid friendly units in the city.
alicia S wrote:I need help paying back rent balance of $432.00 for my room in the Bronx. I have been unemployed and was receiving benefits until my former employer appealed the decision and I have not received benefits for a while. I do have a part time job, however I need to catch up the past due rent amount in order to stop an eviction and my daughter and have nowhere to go, she is 13 years old.
Lost job to trade

Post by Lost job to trade »

Hi, I am emailing you in reference to needing help with paying my security deposit. Me and my two kids are have Section 8 section of the Bronx, New York 10455 area code. My situation is I had an emergency transfer for a while but now we only have a room. I lost my extension on it and was able to get another one, me and my two kids are now staying with my mom in one room and have been for almost 2 months.
I found a new apartment after a lot of searching an disappointment from a lot of landlords saying one thing then when I'm ready it's now all these fees which I do not have and a lot of them are not excepting vouchers. If you can help or know someone who can please feel free to contact as soon as possible at the above email. Thanking you in advance,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe try moving into a homeless shelter in NYC. While staying there you can save money for a security deposit, get a job, have your mom work, etc. But the cost of housing is obviously high, so try them to call for help.
Lost job to trade wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:03 am Hi, I am emailing you in reference to needing help with paying my security deposit. Me and my two kids are have Section 8 section of the Bronx, New York 10455 area code. My situation is I had an emergency transfer for a while but now we only have a room. I lost my extension on it and was able to get another one, me and my two kids are now staying with my mom in one room and have been for almost 2 months.
I found a new apartment after a lot of searching an disappointment from a lot of landlords saying one thing then when I'm ready it's now all these fees which I do not have and a lot of them are not excepting vouchers. If you can help or know someone who can please feel free to contact as soon as possible at the above email. Thanking you in advance,