Housing vouchers for section 8 in North Carolina

Find how to get help with rent
tania1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing vouchers for section 8 in North Carolina

Post by tania1 »

I trying to move to Fayetteville North Carolina. I am a single parent of girl and boy. I live in Raleigh. I am on section 8. But I trying to get me a better job. I want a better life for my two kids. I want to go back to school. So I can get a better job. I love to live in Fayetteville NC. I need a 3 bedroom home. They don’t want to fix nothing here. They trying to put my girl and boy in the same room. They don't need to be in the some room. My daughter is 15 years old my son is 4 years old.
Ptbull11

Re: Housing vouchers for section 8 in North Carolina

Post by Ptbull11 »

To whom it may concern,
Currently me and my fiancée have a total of four children and are on HUD section 8. I am employed. Unfortunately I only make 8.25 an hour and due to my vehicle situation that is about as far from where we are staying I can work In my town of Jacksonville North Carolina. I have already gone to the DSS for utility and rental assistance but they have turned me down repeatedly.
We have moved down here from PA in April of this year. We have bounced from family member to family member trying to save money to get our own place. We finally were able to put money down on a trailer to fit us all but now we have run into the trouble of how to turn our power and water on. Our landlord will not allow us to move in until these things are on.
Once again we are staying with family until we can get our utilities on so we can use our section 8 housing voucher, but we cannot stay here for much longer. Is there anything available to help us with initial deposits for water and I also need to pay a partial bill and a deposit for our electric to be turned on? Please we really need help for our family.
Arrington

Post by Arrington »

I am a single mom. We recently moved to Texas from North Carolina. I was awarded a section 8 voucher from Austin Texas. I was given 3 months to find somewhere to live. I started working a job 3 days ago and my deadline for my voucher is October the 18th, only leaving us two weeks to find a home.
However I couldn't afford application fees, nor a rental deposit. I am living in a home with 9 other people, my kids and I sleep on the floor. I am new to the area and finding help seems almost impossible.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have no idea whether the voucher is transferable or not. Ask the agencies in question. Here is a listing of section 8 agencies in North Carolina, so cal lthe one that is in your community. Or that you have worked with before. As they should be able to answer the question.
Arrington wrote:I am a single mom. We recently moved to Texas from North Carolina. I was awarded a section 8 voucher from Austin Texas. I was given 3 months to find somewhere to live. I started working a job 3 days ago and my deadline for my voucher is October the 18th, only leaving us two weeks to find a home.
However I couldn't afford application fees, nor a rental deposit. I am living in a home with 9 other people, my kids and I sleep on the floor. I am new to the area and finding help seems almost impossible.