Unsafe housing

Find how to get help with rent
USOpen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Unsafe housing

Post by USOpen »

I was removed from my home after reporting black mold to my landlords. In addition they had an electrical problem within the duplex I was renting. They were told by property management (that they fired) that it was against the law to even rent it to me in the shape it was in. As I got sicker, I gave up, I was tired of the broken promises & my basic needs not getting met? After speaking with the landlord (the husband) I agreed to move out & promised that I wouldn't drag my feet. I wasn’t trying to take advantage of them. One week later, I came home & found a notice on my mailbox that said I had 3 days to get out of my home or the sheriffs would remove me. what happened to going to court. I was totally confused!
I tried to get help. No one would listen. Now many are willing to listen, give an opinion, but they don’t know enough to really give me good advice. I was removed from a home that made me sick. I’m living in my van with my dog. He is my best friend & he has kept me safe .. Do not even imply I must get rid of him! As I left that place & over the last month I have found out that my so called friends, neighbors that I helped get into the unit in the front, gave then all kinds of things from cash to food to rides to furniture! I found out my I.D. was used to obtain many things! They got credit cards, made purchases, paid bills, all in my name. Applied for even more credit, & couldn't figure out why I kept getting denied a place to live let alone trying to make sense as to why I no longer had a home for doing what I was told I needed to do & I was fair & honest.
My old landlords allowed me to live for 10 months on an extension cord that I wasn't able to do my laundry or cook, they repeatedly made promises that it would be fixed & when I was at the sickest point they threw me out like I was trash, regardless that I had been paying rent & trusting their promises! I that everyone should get their day in court, why didn't I get mine? & how did this happen. After leaving that place I found out many things. They lied about me being served with the help of the so called "friends" that lived in the front unit just to save their own. I wasn't prepared for this. I had no money saved to pay for a new place. As I eagerly awaited money that I was waiting for in the mail to come, I waited another 1/2 a month all to find out that my check had been cashed, not by me, but by my great so called friends in the front unit. I also found out that the one gal who did all this had been to prison 4 times - 3 or which were for Identity theft! It kind of explained how this woman is always 2 steps ahead of me!! I am now having to beg for money to feed my dog, & change for gas so that I’m not noticed by anyone that would make me leave or question why I’m sleeping in my car. a good day is when we both get to eat, & a really good day is when its not 1,000 degrees inside my van & we get water, a meal, & even a shower. I have realized doing this requires that I seek out help & that is what I’m trying to do. If there is a list of places for rent that might make it easier to qualify for. I could use that. I also need money to get into the place which includes rent & deposit. Food/dog food would be awesome but I have no place to keep things fresh. I have no idea where this message is going to go but wherever it lands know that I’m willing & open to the possibilities of paying the money back if need be &/or working at a place where my rent is part of a salary I would make. I’m also open to all suggestions because I’ve never been in a situation like this before. I’m learning as I go. sometimes its hard to stay positive & I get scared. So, if your reading this please help if you can. Your time in reading this is greatly appreciated! Have a beautiful day!!
Elway J

Re: Unsafe housing

Post by Elway J »

Thank you for taking your time to send me this information to help me. But can you give me some advice since I am new here in Florida. Can you tell me something, I am disabled but I am waiting on my disability to be reinstated, because it got stopped because I did not get to go to some appointment. I do have a 3 year old and an infant. I am trying to find a safe place to live in Hialeah or Pembroke pines, if you can possibly tell me where you would suggest to go in order to get immediate help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much in advance and GOD BLESS!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are laws in Solano County California that landlords need to follow when it comes to mold as well as electrical problems. You can sue them when they bring you to eviction court. But that doesn't get around your need for both rent and deposit help, and we have information on resources for you to call. Not only may they provide you with a cash grant, but also information on food, pantries, and other benefits in the region. Find the rental assistance programs here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... olano.html
Marley

Post by Marley »

Hi, I have a 11 year old boy, his name is Antonio. We are homeless been for a few months now we try to stay at friends’ unsafe houses, in a car, anywhere. I been trying to keep my son in a house to stay. I love my son, he's my life. I left my ex from abuse. I just want to start over, move forward, have a great life with my son but it's so hard not being able to get rest. I want my son in a home, warm safe, not an unsafe home. If there's any way you can go us I would be so thankful for whatever. I got to do to have a safe home for my son and be with him. I want to go back to work. I can work. I'm willing to work hard to support my son and myself. Thanks for taking the time to read my letter. Thanks again.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Do you have a job? You need one in order to get a place to live (other than a shelter). Or how would you even pay the rent, utilities, food, etc. Regardless, try these for information on rent help in Lorain County. Maybe they can help you find safe housing.
Marley wrote:Hi, I have a 11 year old boy, his name is Antonio. We are homeless been for a few months now we try to stay at friends’ unsafe houses, in a car, anywhere. I been trying to keep my son in a house to stay. I love my son, he's my life. I left my ex from abuse. I just want to start over, move forward, have a great life with my son but it's so hard not being able to get rest. I want my son in a home, warm safe, not an unsafe home. If there's any way you can go us I would be so thankful for whatever. I got to do to have a safe home for my son and be with him. I want to go back to work. I can work. I'm willing to work hard to support my son and myself. Thanks for taking the time to read my letter. Thanks again.