Anything other than HUD housing

Find how to get help with rent
NilaP
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Anything other than HUD housing

Post by NilaP »

I’m a single mother of 4 children. My oldest two are with me only half the time due to a court order joint custody, I put in. I have a friend who has a two bedroom apartment that will let me rent from him, but in order to do so I need some kind of rental assistance. I called section 8 and their list is closed. HUD only lets you live in buildings they own, and the ones by me I would rather be homeless then live in them. Sorry but they have very bad reputations. Please help me by giving me some programs that could help. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anything other than HUD housing

Post by Admin »

There are countless programs other than HUD. Though as with any rental help (even HUD), the funding is limited, the demand is high, and many people can't qualify or there will be no money. So you need to call around, and we have many charities and resources listed. Find more rent help programs.
Troy Of

Post by Troy Of »

I need help with getting an HUD apartment. My 15 year old daughter is on SSI and has mental issues and my 3 year old will be applying for SSI as well for learning disabilities. My only income is from the SSI and child support. I am not working at present but am eager to get a job but have no sitter. I am separated for 7 years. And have 3 dependents. Any help please would be appreciated because I do not know who to contact. I tried to apply for section 8 from HUD and they are not excepting applications.
Macie

Post by Macie »

Hello I'm looking for assistance. I need someone to call me and I just got approved for SSI in September which I'm not getting much. I'm still grateful. I'm just looking for housing now from HUD or someone else. Can you contact me for any information?
Do you have any housing available in San Marcos and any applications? I'm looking to move in November. Prayers and blessings. Thank you. I'm single. I have no children.