Subsidized housing in New Jersey

Find how to get help with rent
CarlK
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Subsidized housing in New Jersey

Post by CarlK »

I am getting Welfare while waiting for SS Disability approval. I was a working professional, but got disabled. I do not have a please to live to my current financial situation.

I would like to place my name to subsidized housing programs (especially a vouchers' programs) even now. I did not approved yet for SSD, but will be approved. I have a very serious history of medical problem and even of SSI disability in the past in spite I am 30 years old.

Questions: do I have any chances to get a section 8 voucher fastest way due to my situation of homelessness and mental health history and current heath crisis? Any other ways to get subsidized housing in North Jersey? I use to live in Jersey City, NJ. Also today I got a letter from Montgomery 100, Jersey City project (Paulus Hook) where I have placed my name for a waiting list, that they have invited me for an interview to get an apartment. However I do not meet their financial eligibility criteria NOW. But if I would obtained a section 8 voucher or any other similar subsidies, I could get this apartment (as I was told). Do you know any ways for me not to lose this unique opportunity to get this apartment ? Please help me!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Subsidized housing in New Jersey

Post by Admin »

Most subsidized housing programs, section 8, etc. have a very long waiting list. We are talking years of wait...not months. However you may as well and go ahead and apply for one in New Jersey. Each state does have some rules and regulations in which they will accelerate an application for a voucher and maybe bump someone up the list. Just ask a housing authority when you apply for section 8. Find more details on New Jersey housing vouchers.
elliott

Post by elliott »

Helping a friend.
My friend now pays about $850.00 in rent, including utilities. She is looking for a new rental, because her Landlord is selling the property. She needs several hundreds in rental assistance to afford a new rental in her income level.
Also she would need assistance with a month and half for a security deposit.
Her income comes from disability assistance, about $950.00 per month and food stamps.
My friends lives in Ocean Grove, NJ 07756, Monmouth County
Please help me with information and phone numbers.
Thank you very much for your help,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How would she expect to gain stability with only an income of $950 per month? That is not enough to pay the rent on a new home in Monmouth when factoring in food, utilities, etc. So it will be difficult for her to qualify for financial aid. A deposit will also be difficult to obtain. Anyhow, feel free to call around though, and find more information on Monmouth New Jersey financial programs.
Yankee_fan

Post by Yankee_fan »

We need rental assistance due to a severe decrease in our income because my spouse is ill and was forced to go on disability and his income is barely 1/3 of what he earned while employed, so we need a long term subsidy to live. I have also been on the New Jersey disability program since 2004 and my monthly payment is equal to what I earned in 1 week therefore we are in a much lower income bracket. We are only earning $2240 per month compared to our previous income of $4742 prior to my husband's illness/disability in September of 2016.
We do not know what to do because our rent alone is $1800 per month plus all utilities and other bills. So we need cheaper subsidized housing to live in. Please advice if you can help plus if we move, we need volunteers to help as well as take many items from New Jersey property that we would not be able to take to a smaller place. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Regards,