Rent deposit for mom on welfare

Find how to get help with rent
JessieMarie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent deposit for mom on welfare

Post by JessieMarie »

Hello, I'm a single mom and have to move ASAP. The house I'm in is in foreclosure and up for sheriff sale December 29th. We found a place we would love to move into but we don't have the down money. They are asking for $2000. My daughter has a part time job and my son is a senior in high school. I'm on welfare and get support but have been paying other bills. Can you please help us out?
Ramsey

Re: Rent deposit for mom on welfare

Post by Ramsey »

Basically my boyfriend and I need help on paying our security deposit and first months rent.Either or if fine with me. He does work but we cant possibly have all that money up front when we move in just half. We moved in with people hoping to save some money so we could do that but it seems like all these other obstacles keep coming up. I am trying to find a job but tension is definitely building among my boyfriend and I and the people we are living with. and we. Honestly do not know. how much longer we can be able to stay here. If you can help in anyway we would greatly appreciate it if you could contact us back. Thanks so much.
Meteorite

Post by Meteorite »

Good afternoon, I want to thank you in advance for taking the time to read this. My family and I were evicted from our townhouse the end of May, we are currently staying in a hotel and having a hard time paying for that living on welfare. We are trying to move into a new place but cannot save the money for the security deposit due to staying in a hotel. We are wondering if you know of someone/where we could turn to for help, we have exhausted all options that we know of. Both me and my husband are veterans, on welfare and we have a 9 year old son. Again thank you in advance.
Hylari

Post by Hylari »

Anyway, the new buyer will be taking over the building in September of this year and I and my roommate, Wayne, are on welfare. We must come up with a deposit rental payment of $2000 by the end of the month to be able to continue to live in our home, which we have lived in for 18 years. If we cannot get this money, the landlord will tell the new owners that we are not up to date with our rent and they will kick us out. Now, with 18 years of living in one place, that's a lot of stuff to move and, I think the stress of all of this will most certainly make Wayne sicker in the process. I have tried to keep stress away from him for the last few years, because as you know, worry and stress in cancer patient is something that is a killer. Especially when someone is as sick as Wayne is.
Now, I am the only one who is working full time, since my roommate Wayne is on welfare. He is suffering with stage four metastatic prostate cancer that has spread to his bones, so I am the only one that is able to work full time outside the home and take care of all the bills and him as well. It's a tough job, but I have been doing it.
So, I don't know if you are able to help us or not, but I thought I would write to you and find out if you could.
Well, that's the whole problem that we are facing now.
Thank you and may God bless you with mercy.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You and your roommate have options available to you for cash aid, which may help with a deposit too. Look here, at welfare programs from the government. All sorts of government agencies, states, and the fed may assist. Try them.
Hylari wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:32 am Anyway, the new buyer will be taking over the building in September of this year and I and my roommate, Wayne, are on welfare.