Low income housing for pregnant single mom

Find how to get help with rent
Zach
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Low income housing for pregnant single mom

Post by Zach »

I would like to speak with someone who could help me get into low income housing. I’m 5 months pregnant and I have not been able to find low income housing in my area because I filed for bankruptcy last year. I had to file bankruptcy because of a car loan a family member got in my name. I have never had any evictions and I have worked at my job for 5 years. I’m asking for some assistance. Please I need to move before my baby is born.
EllenD

Re: Low income housing for pregnant single mom

Post by EllenD »

Good afternoon. To whom this may concern, I am a single mother of a 10 year old daughter who needs assistant financially and somewhere to stay. However I do work but I’m pretty much working just to pay bills and make ends meet. I am also pregnant again.
I am living house to house which is not really good for my daughter especially her being so young and being exposed to this. We pretty much don't have anywhere to stay however it would really help not just me but for my daughter to actually have a home where she can actually call her home/her own room. I work so hard to provide for my daughter to have the best but there is never enough time for me even as trying to spend as much time as I would like or even be able to sit to the table and have dinner with her. I'm kind of new to this but I just ask that if you can tell me or show me what would I need to do to try and see if I can get some kind of help for me and my daughter. Thank you and have a bless day.
Kevin L

Post by Kevin L »

Hi, I am a single mother of a three years old. Life is really hard for me and my daughter. We have no place to stay, nobody to help and the struggle is real. I was living with my aunt but she kicked my little girl and I out of her house. I applied for an apartment and I need help with my deposit and first month rent.
I'm about to start work but just need a place to lay my head with my princess. God bless anything will help.
TCBad

Post by TCBad »

Homeless and pregnant, housing is out here and available but I am in need of help with first month rent and deposit. Either or will help tremendously! It is getting cold and I am nearing my due date, DHS had denied me and my evicting from my foreclosure, according to 211, is expired. It is recent, however this was my first eviction and was due to my home being sold without my knowledge. Time has been exhausting and the stress is too much, I am near desperation and not sure where else to go, please help. Thank you so much for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While there are resources to help single parents pay their rent, you are homeless and now pregnant? And have no job? How is that possible? That shows a terrible ability to budget and take personal responsibility. For example, why are you having more kids if you can't even afford to pay the rent, much less pay for what a child needs? Anyhow, your changes for getting housing will be limited until you show an ability to take care of yourself. Otherwise any money given to you will go into a black hole. So try these resources that may help single moms get rent help, but do not expect much.
TCBad wrote:Homeless and pregnant, housing is out here and available but I am in need of help with first month rent and deposit. Either or will help tremendously! It is getting cold and I am nearing my due date, DHS had denied me and my evicting from my foreclosure, according to 211, is expired. It is recent, however this was my first eviction and was due to my home being sold without my knowledge. Time has been exhausting and the stress is too much, I am near desperation and not sure where else to go, please help. Thank you so much for your time.
Mr_Smith

Post by Mr_Smith »

I am hoping you can help me. I'm 5 months pregnant and searching for housing. My problem is that I have an eviction on my credit from when I resided in Tallahassee. Because of that I'm having a hard time finding a place to live.
I currently reside with a friend. There's 4 people residing in a 2 bedroom apartment. I would like to have my own place before I have my baby. Every place I try to get turn me down because of the eviction I had. If there is anything you can do to assist me in finding an apartment I would greatly appreciate It.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we do not know if you can get help before the baby, there are some resources to try. There is financial and rent help for pregnant moms, with a number of charities and government services focused on them. Maybe they will be an option for you or your soon to be new kid. Also try legal aid for the past eviction.
Mr_Smith wrote: I would like to have my own place before I have my baby.