HUD housing and rent programs

Find how to get help with rent
Norisez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

HUD housing and rent programs

Post by Norisez »

I'm about to be evicted from my house in the next 20 days, just found out today. My fiancé is getting a job on Monday and I've been looking for work for months. I've exhausted all my unemployment and I'm also currently looking to get back into school to finish my bachelors degree. At this point I really don’t know what to do, I can't sign up for HUD because that takes over a year and I could be out on the streets in 20 days. Any information or low income housing around the Eugene Springfield Oregon area would be very beneficial and much appreciated...thanks for any help you can provide.
Gomez

Re: HUD housing and rent programs

Post by Gomez »

Hi there I just moved into the area April 1st of this month . I am a single mother with 3 kids. I was told by W2 case worker to look around for church's or other programs or route that you can point me out to .... I've been through domestic abuse and threats in the pass had help from Harbor House since 2009 and they are still helping in some cases but me relocating to the Chicago are it is new to me and my kids.
I don't know where to start and who to turn to for helping me back on my feet. I do have section 8 from HUD and just got my place that's why I am here today and for other reason to confidential reason.... (will explain) at the moment I do not have a phone so best way is contact by email only for my safety too ..... if there is any hope or help out there for me and my 3 boys please let me know.
Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are in the Chicago Illinois area, there are several non-profit HUD agencies and public housing authorities. However, if they told you to try a church or non-profit, then you may want to follow their advice. We doubt they will help you relocate. But find more information on Illinois HUD agencies.
Schwab

Post by Schwab »

To whom this may concern,
Hello, I'm writing today to see if there is any way possible to get assistance to pay my rent for the month of December. What are the qualifications, & what information do I need to provide to apply for HUD?
For December the rent is only $434, with my water & electric included in this total. But with Christmas around the corner, I can't really afford to give my son a good Christmas. I pay $500 a month in health insurance & I pay everything (childcare, utilities, food, transportation, etc.) else out of pocket.
Now I do understand that there are more people that need more help than I do... I'm thankful I have a job that can allows me to pay everything on my own for the most part, but I'm only just "getting by." It doesn't give me the extra funds to do nice things for the holidays, especially with this being my first home & having nothing for it, I've been buying the essentials slowly throughout the year. Clearly, this isn't something I'm proud of doing because I couldn't even make a phone call, but I'm running out of options besides HUD..
I hope you have a wonderful day, & happy holidays from my family to yours!!
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

Hello, we just relocated to Florida because my husband got a job with McKinley property. We need housing help from HUD. We came down from Iowa on Thursday if last week after coming down a week prior to that for the job interview. We wear never told about having to pay an almost 600$ rent and almost 300$ deposit on energy and it cost us 1,600$ to move our family down here.
We got here and it's all been a lie! Our apartment is nasty and can't even use our sink our outlets. We have no Wi-Fi on them and the apartment complex has no office. We don't even have a mailbox!! No one will help us until we have been in town for 90 days. Can HUD help us? We are out of money, can't pay the rent, and have small children. He is working but will not get payment from work until the 7th of next month and this company wants 300$ by this Friday already?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can't tell you if HUD can help. You need to apply. But the fact you with a job (with McKinley in your case) will help support your applications for income based housing. But try this for HUD housing programs.
Benjamin wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:15 pm Hello, we just relocated to Florida because my husband got a job with McKinley property. We need housing help from HUD. Can HUD help us? We are out of money, can't pay the rent, and have small children. He is working but will not get payment from work until the 7th of next month and this company wants 300$ by this Friday already?