Housing for disabled child

Find how to get help with rent
Troyyer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing for disabled child

Post by Troyyer »

Hi, I'm the single mom of an autistic 7 year old wonderful boy. By single I mean we have no one. He was a planned pregnancy with the man I was with for 10 years and engaged to for 2. Things have not been easy but we have always managed. 3 months ago that all changed. I found 11 violations in the house we rent a room including mold that has caused both my son and I to be hospitalized more than once. The city is condemning the house and we have 30 days to be out. Two months ago I lost my job as a infant nanny something I love and have been doing for 5 years. The mom decided to be a stay at home. I apply to about 50 jobs a day my son goes to a school 4 days a week only for autistic children caring for children is what I was put on earth to do but I always get the same answer. They say you sound perfect but you have a child. I've tried applying to retail jobs and jobs like that but they want open availability. I don’t have I have reached out to ever organization from rental assistance to shelters to city hall all of them turned us away. My son does get SSDI but its not enough to live off right now it looks like we are going to be homeless. I am a good person and a hard worker. I just need a chance for my sons sake if you can help I don’t mean money. I mean ideas apartment to rent work please let me know. I live in Pittsburgh PA. Thank you for.
Amanda12

Re: Housing for disabled child

Post by Amanda12 »

We need help with rent. I get $750 net we are getting help from one agency but it is not enough. Our home is in need of repairs like a roof and plumbing so we had to find an apartment. I have two children and my wife we found an apartment finally it took a lot of looking because we had an eviction from a housing authority. We really need help so very munch our children cannot be with us because our home needs a lot of repairs it is redeemed unsafe so we have our children with a family friend we want so much to be together we love our children so much. I am disabled and my wife is sick she sometimes is in the hospital seven to eight times a year. We need this help as soon as yesterday this will mean the world to us. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Housing for disabled child

Post by Admin »

Some of the options to look into for a disabled child or autistic person include section 811 and many others. They will require a portion of income to be paid towards rent, so you may need to get a job. if you son gets SSDI, what are you doing with that money? Can that be combined with say welfare or your unemployment to pay for another room. Well, you can explore the government housing options, and learn more on housing resources for the disabled.