Struggling with rent and child care bills

Find how to get help with rent
Bluecross
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling with rent and child care bills

Post by Bluecross »

I am currently living with my brother who had his four children taken from the state not to long ago. He is getting them back soon. He is a single father of four children ages 3-6 years old. He is in URGENT assistance for security deposit so he can move out of his apartment and into a home with a yard for his children. They also took away his child care. Even with me living with him and helping pay the bills we CANNOT afford childcare what so ever. If any one could help us we would greatly appreciate it!!
Sterner

Re: Struggling with rent and child care bills

Post by Sterner »

We live in north Lake Tahoe with autistic kids. One is completely non verbal (doesn’t speak) and is still in diapers, but the other is at the other part of the spectrum. We are having a hard time dealing with living in a apartment that is too small for the 4 of us. On top of a landlord who would rather kick us out that fix the cockroaches, mold, leaky roof, broken windows, etc... we have a steady income from social security, & as soon as IHSS gets back in rotation and up to date with our address, we sill have back pay for about 3 months from them.

But right now we are 1 day away from getting evicted, with no money to get into a better, bigger, cleaner place. Monthly we can afford at the most $1300 including utilities. $900-$1000 without. But everywhere requires a deposit, first and last, & moving utilities, and just the move itself is hard with only the two of us and the kids. It should be easier considering the storage we were struggling to keep with everything we owned including the kids toys, clothes, and all our furniture was just auctioned off last week. It is really hard to accept that its all gone. But we are working our way back up.

I guess the question I have is what kind of help do we qualify for? I see you have so many options. I don’t know where to begin. With 2 children that are autistic, a journeyman electrician in the union, and me being bi polar and a permanent leg injury (still applying for SS) we must be in the right area for some sort of help. Please get back go me as soon as possible. Thank you.
BeginAgain

Post by BeginAgain »

We need help paying for our rent a least three months. My son who is 1 just had surgery and a plate put in his head with two screws hanging out I have to turn twice a day. I’m six months pregnant due August. I have a total of 6 kids and the baby on the way... my ex husband don’t help with child support his lives in jail...
My husband and I do work but my hours are cut back to take care of my son and we have a little over 3000 in bills. The main one is our rent which is a 1000. We just need help for the months. I’m tending to my son to heal and when I go out to have our daughter if you no anyone who can help please call me. I don’t have an e mail. The e mail I provided his. Thank you and god bless.
Britney

Post by Britney »

I am currently 4 months pregnant. I am in need of serious help getting this trailer for my self and 7 year old daughter and the baby on the way right now. I am completely homeless and lost my job due to belonging homeless.
I could use all the help I can get any information you can give me on charities that would help me with security deposit and first months rent, utility deposit, and more. Everything is included but the deposit. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, it will be difficult to get rent help. Social service agencies as well as charities want to see stability, and the fact you already have 6 kids, with another to come, yet still can't pay your bills shows that. How would you even plan to keep up when you are now struggling? But feel free to call around in the Wilmington area. You can try, but we doubt anyone will assist. Find the resources for rent help in New Hanover County.