Some funds for may rent before I start a new job

Find how to get help with rent
Househunter
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Some funds for may rent before I start a new job

Post by Househunter »

I am a single mom living on unemployment. I start my new job on November 1st. I have already been to Center for Family Resources and talked to St. Vincent de Paul. I was turned away by Center for Family Resources. I have a court date of December 1st. I am trying to save my place to live so I can stat my new job without worrying. I have already also called Save A Life For Christ and Salvation Army. It is hard to get through to Salvation Army and Save A Life For Christ has no more funds. I am begging for one time rental assistance to keep me and my son from becoming homeless. I live in Cobb County, Marietta City in Georgia. Please could you advise me of anything else I can do in an emergency. I have the eviction court letter, my unemployment letter. the new hire letter from my new job, and social security and drivers license.
I am going to call Georgia Legal Services on Monday for emergency help as well. I am without a car, so it is harder for me to get around to where I need to go, but I can ride the bus and make phone calls.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Some funds for may rent before I start a new job

Post by Admin »

We don't understand this request. If you are starting a job, what does that have to with having a new apartment and they are not related. We suggest using the income from that job to get situated in Cobb County and to pay the rent. As why would you go homeless if now have a job? So we are not quite understanding this. Anyway, here are some housing resources in Cobb County. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Turadom
anti spam: Blue

Re: Some funds for may rent before I start a new job

Post by Turadom »

My boyfriend I are set to be evicted on November 24th. We have four children. I only work part time on the weekends because we cannot afford daycare and he works full time. He was out of work for about two weeks because a temporary assignment had ended but now is working again full time. Neither of us is getting a tax refund this year to help with this eviction. My refund was taken for student loans and he owes money to the IRS. We just need this one time help to pay so that we are not evicted. We can afford our rent but we owe court fees from prior months and those are being tacked on to our total that they want for us not to be evicted.