An apartment for the disabled that I can afford

Find how to get help with rent
Zach
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

An apartment for the disabled that I can afford

Post by Zach »

I am 45 years old, I have COPD, Degenerative Disc and Joint Disease. Over the past five years I've lost more than half of my mobility. I receive $710 a month from SSI, and my rent is $500. After rent and electric, and phone I literally am broke! Sometimes I have to get toiletry items that Foodstamps won't pay for, from neighborhood centers. My apartment is not handicap accessible! I can hardly walk but I cannot use my wheelchair or walker in this place! I can't move, no money, can't afford higher rent, and physically can't do the labor! I guess now you see, I need help with rent, finding an ADA approved apartment, moving, all that! Thanks for any information you can give me to help!
Platinum

Re: An apartment for the disabled that I can afford

Post by Platinum »

I am filing for divorce from my wife. She is disabled and has diagnosis of borderline personality disorder and PTSD. She is troubled and we need to split for our 3 years old daughter because she should not see some of the things that my wife goes through. My wifehas no family that will take her in and I make only enough 17/hr to pay my bills in the house me and my daughter will stay in. She is on disability, but it is currently only 340.00/month because my income is included. I need help getting her a place to live. Is there any help available?
Me fam

Post by Me fam »

Me my husband and 4 year old daughter is facing homelessness due to rental payment. We recently lost our vehicle due to mechanical problems and because of that my husband was fired for being late. We are 22 days late on our rent and have to pay 550.00 by March 23 and 550.00 again on the first or we are evicted. I'm so scared. I'm disabled but just applied for benefits so that's no help...please help up!!!
Romney

Post by Romney »

I am mentally disabled and receive social security disability benefits. I currently rent a room at a private residence in Crestline, CA but have been asked to make other housing arrangements as the owner does not want me to live in her home anymore due to issues related to my mental illness.
Crestline is in a rural area in the San Bernardino National Forest where housing options are limited. I would need assistance with the security deposit and possibly short term help with paying the monthly rent. I am grateful for any information you can provide that would help my current housing issue.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While security deposit help is rare in San Bernardino, you can call around. It is more likely that some agency will offer you either a rent subsidy, or they may place you into some type of affordable housing that is focused on the disabled. But try the agencies in San Bernardino, and click more information.
Harvin

Post by Harvin »

I am on disability. My estranged husband just got put in jail. He was helping me with money. Now that he has lost his job and will be put away for at least 10 years I have no additional help. The current apartment I live in meets all my needs. They have an elevator and my wheelchair can fit through the doors. It also has security entrance and exit doors.