Housing for my daughter

Find how to get help with rent
charlesSch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing for my daughter

Post by charlesSch »

Need housing for my daughter & I for we are just staying with family in a 2 bedroom trailer. We are sleeping in the living room on a couch/bed. My daughter is 8 and she needs her privacy. We moved back to Nebraska from out of state 6-7 months ago. Living with an alcoholic on top of it all. Every program that I look into has a waiting list. I don't know where to turn. I don't want to have to take my 8 year old to a shelter for she knows what’s going on.
HollyJ

Re: Housing for my daughter

Post by HollyJ »

I am in desperate need of a home for my daughter, boyfriend and I. We are currently homeless and staying with my parents and it’s not going so well. My own father and I are into it every other day and he's constantly threatening me and putting me and my child on the street with no were to go and I'm stuck with nothing but hope and crying and I don't need my daughter around that.
My boyfriend has a good paying job and we have been looking for apartments but every time we find one that fits us we get turned down because there's only one income and its stressful because I've been applying for jobs left and right but nobody has anything at the moment or I don't have a babysitter for my child. We have our fingers crossed and praying with all Hope that you guys can help us get into a home.
We recently just found a place in a comfortable area with fair pricing but I'm just afraid they’re going to turn us down just because we're just a $100 dollars short on the 3x the rent income. I so hope that you guys can become a co-signer for me and my family to get this apartment if you guys could contact me ASAP I would so truly appreciate it so very much!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that you have a well paying job, as there are affordable apartments in Chester County. Since you are employed (and sound self-sufficient) then you have a good chance to get both rental deposit and moving cost help. Also, can you and your boyfriend even just stay with parents for another week or two, and save all that money? That will go a long way towards getting you off on the right footing. Until then, find programs that help with rent in Chester County.
EdM

Post by EdM »

My daughters rent has fallen behind by quite a bit I do have a job and have been trying very hard to pay what I can, but, have not been able to pay it in full. I am a single mother have 2 of my boys still living with me and have had a garnishment, and my daughter is living with a boyfriend who does not work. I hate asking for help for her, but, I am sinking. I can barely keep food in the house as we have very little, bare minimum food in the house. My rent is 600 a month and my daughter has gotten a 72 hour eviction notice. She is further than 1 month behind, but, I have talked to her landlord and if I can somehow come up with at least 1 month rent he won't kick my he out and will work with me. He is just worried if I don't at least get 1 month paid in full she will fall so far behind that I won't be able to get it caught up. Please HELP ME! I can't let my boys down and my daughter! I can't let us be homeless from the housing! I really thought I could do this myself, but, I was wrong. I really need help for her PLEASE!?!?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe section 8 HUD in Missouri can help. It can be found here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... souri.html
If your daughter income is low enough, a voucher can help pay a portion of rent in the rent subsidized apartment.