Military member and a veterans are behind on rent

Find how to get help with rent
Bobbie13
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Military member and a veterans are behind on rent

Post by Bobbie13 »

I am a single female veteran of the United States Marine Corps. I live with my boyfriend and have been for the last year in North Carolina. I lost my job due to a car accident and have not been able to find a job. I do not receive any type of unemployment nor any type of assistance. The only income available is through my boyfriend who makes less then $1000 a month which is not nearly enough to pay rent as well as bill's and food. Our landlord has just recently sold the apartments where we reside and the new owners have increased the rent which we are now farther from being able to afford. Neither of us have family that we could stay with and friends don't have any room for the both of us. Please is there anyone who can help and save bus from being homeless? We have paid a small portion of the now past due rent and have until the 10th of October 2013 to pay the rest or we are going to be evicted.
Anderson

Re: Military member and a veterans are behind on rent

Post by Anderson »

Need assistance for one month of rent - lost job 2 months ago and have been behind since. I receive a military retirement on the first of every month. But with late fees and attorney fees that has been eaten up each month to pay for previous month. I am still seeking employment just no luck yet. I have 2 minor children & just need one months assistance then I can be back on track. Any information you have for my area would greatly be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are rental and housing programs for veterans. One of the main ones is the Supportive Housing Program, which is offered by the federal government. It may offer emergency funds, cash assistance, and case management. It is offered in most states by non-profit agencies. So that may be the best option for a veterans to look into, and get more details.
Tairod

Post by Tairod »

My husband and I have been staying with
relatives but they are getting to the point of wanting us to leave. My
husband does have a job at the college and the drive alone from where we are
takes almost $300+ in gas (about 45 miles from job).
We have found a
house that we can afford only about 3 miles from his job and have been
approved. Our only problem is getting the deposit. We can pay the rent with veteran benefits
but just not both at this time. Any assistance will be so appreciated
and we will pay it back.
DTigers

Post by DTigers »

Military Family looking to move into the Sherman/Denison area or Weatherford, ASAP. I'm a disabled Army vet (60%), husband is National Guard & IT Tech, deployed four times. We have 4 teens, 3 little ones, a cat, fish, and more. We are very friendly, Non-smoking family. Not great credit, but have not been late on mortgage for the six years we've lived in our mobile home outside of Fort Worth. Looking for a 3-4 bedroom home. Dogs living with us are non-negotiable due to my husband's PTSD. Our combined credit score is 598, annual household income $95,000. Looking for Rent around $800 or less monthly, Owner finance around $1000 monthly.
The police have been unable to help us, which is why we are so desperate to move immediately, and have not had any plans to save for a down payment. We had no intentions of moving. The man tried twice last weekend alone. We were able to find and collect information on local homes. We have sent my kids to Eastern Texas with relatives until we can find a home far from Fort Worth.
Any financial or house locating help, as well as, prayers are greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a fairly unique service in Texas called the UnMet program. It is everything military related...rent help, funds for housing, mortgage payment assistance, and other aid. You may be a good fit for this. Read more.
They may give you ideas on the downpayment you need. Or direct you to affordable housing in Eastern Texas. So there are a few options for you.
DTigers wrote:Military Family looking to move into the Sherman/Denison area or Weatherford, ASAP. The man tried twice last weekend alone. We were able to find and collect information on local homes. We have sent my kids to Eastern Texas with relatives until we can find a home far from Fort Worth.
Any financial or house locating help, as well as, prayers are greatly appreciated.