My parents are behind on their rent

Find how to get help with rent
Schamberg
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

My parents are behind on their rent

Post by Schamberg »

I currently live in Chicago IL. My parents are Senior citizens who are struggling to pay rent. They owe the current landlord $3,000. My father gets social security and my mom gets social security for my brother who is a handicap adult. My father is in debt with medical bills from the 6 surgeries he has had on his left knee, my parents barley make end meats. Is it possible that your organization can help my parents catch up on the rent?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: My parents are behind on their rent

Post by Admin »

$3000 is a lot to owe for their rent. There are agencies in Chicago that support senior citizens. However, if they can't make ends meet, and if your father is in debt, even if an agency were to help them, how would they pay the following months? They need long term stability. So try the rental assistance programs in Chicago for support.
coffeemate
anti spam: Blue

Re: My parents are behind on their rent

Post by coffeemate »

My parents are in need of rent assistance, I have been calling over 10 places for assistance and since December 17 and most places do not have funds until the end of the month. My parents rent is due on 11/05/2018 and I am short $300 on my rent. I have called many places and still do not find help.
If anyone can please help me with this that would be very appreciated. I am the only one in my house hold with income and this month I was not able to come up with the rent in full. Please call me if you can help me out. My email is above as well. Thanks,