Cancer patient

Find how to get help with rent
Homer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Cancer patient

Post by Homer »

I have been diagnosed with stage 2 squamous cell carcinoma. I have a 9cm nodal mass just under my right jawbone. I am anticipating surgery and/or radiation and chemotherapy in the immediate future. I'm having a problem making ends meet. I receive SSI but it is never enough to see me through the month. My current rent is 550.00 a month and I've kept current, however in doing so I've had to let my vehicle registration and insurance lapse. It also needs a smog certificate before I can re-register it. I live about 30 miles from the cancer center and will have to drive there and back everyday for weeks. I have no means to pay for this. If I could get some rental assistance, then I would be able to take care of my other living and transportation problem.
Paige
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Cancer patient

Post by Paige »

I'm suffering from terminal brain cancer. I was unable to pay rent for a few months due to some complications and my roommates had to cover me. I am working on getting back on my feet, but I don't make enough to cover my bills and pay my roommates back in one lump sum in the time they expect and now they are threatening me with court if I don't come up with the ~$1,200 I owe them within the next week. I have tried to work with them on a payment plan and figuring out a fair compromise, but they are unresponsive and adamant about getting their money ASAP. If there is anything you can do or any recommendations you can make, I would be very grateful. Thank you for your time.