Behind on housing and rent as husband had a heart attack

Find how to get help with rent
Louis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Behind on housing and rent as husband had a heart attack

Post by Louis »

I am needing rental assistance in Habersham county. The reasoning for it is, back in April my husband had a heart attack which required open heart surgery (a double bypass). He is 44 years old. That put him out of work for about 8 weeks. We got behind on all bills when that happened. He has now went back to work and making full checks but we are behind a month and not able to get caught up. The first two months back at work he only brought home $85 due to them doubling up on his insurance and all. He has been at his job for almost 4 years. I was sitting with an elderly lady which now is in a nursing home. I have now started working part-time at Wal-Mart to help until I can find better employment. We have 2 kids that all live in the home with us. Our rent is 425.00 and if we could just get caught up, I know without a doubt, we will be OK. I am willing to repay whoever helps once we get on our feet....thank you so much and God bless!
Noonetoblame

Re: Behind on housing and rent as husband had a heart attack

Post by Noonetoblame »

I was let go from my job a month & a half ago, and still haven't received unemployment because their email requesting correspondence from me was for some reason sent directly to my "spam" file. I had 2 days to answer the questions & respond, but I never even saw it until I received their "denial/disqualified" decision. I of course appealed their decision but it may take another 4 weeks!
I did however just get a new job yesterday with a temp agency, but my rent is due the 1st. My fiancé is recovering from a heart attack, but he is now back at work. He does construction and has barely had any work since mid-October. He's also been looking for another job but hasn't found anything yet as his heart attack recovery takes time. It’s a slow time for construction, but after this month’s rent, I’ll be able to least keep us afloat until he finds something. Please direct me on how to get rent assistance just this one time! Please and Thank You!!
Anestatia

Re: Behind on housing and rent as husband had a heart attack

Post by Anestatia »

Hello, I am the mother to 5 children. I have suffered 3 heart attacks this year and am suffering from uncontrolled diabetes, neuropathy, anxiety and depression and just currently had blood drawn to check for lupus. I am currently on appeal with the Social Security administration for approval of my disability (SSDI/SSI). I was a parole officer for TDCJ until I became too sick to work (Suffered first heart attack at work). I have used all my Short-Term disability and as I wait for approval of my social security I've become in limbo as far as paying my rent and other utilities.
My husband who is also disabled receives 735 from social security and our rent is 1200 a month. We must pay lights as well as water and I have no way of doing that. My children will not have a Christmas this year as well. While waiting on social security they referred me to agencies to inquire about help. I feel like I am in a catch 22. Where I have went from being able to feed, clothe and house my children to searching for handouts. I would very much appreciate any help that you can provide. I pray to God that we continue to maintain a roof over our heads until God can bless social security with the approval of my earned benefits. If you need to contact me, you can reach me by email or phone.