Affordable housing and rent help for a recovering addict

Find how to get help with rent
JoseR1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Affordable housing and rent help for a recovering addict

Post by JoseR1 »

I live in New York {Ontario county} in the Finger Lakes area. I am homeless {staying temp with friend}. I have had no luck with any Agency, church, Salvation army and Catholic charities and I get the same response from all of them "no funding left". I have 2 little children that makes it hard to find a place. I am 42 and have 2 other grown children. None of them will take me in or help with security deposit/rent. Once I get settled into an apartment I will be able to find work. I was married for 12 years and he up and left me for someone else. He's got it made, place to live, nice income. Is there anything I can do if we are still legally married? I have also thought of leaving NY. I am also a recovering addict. Things have gotten so bad and depressing that I sometimes feel its not worth living anymore. So if anyone has any advice or know of a place that would help me I would be so grateful!
Griffin

Re: Affordable housing and rent help for a recovering addict

Post by Griffin »

I am 25 days behind on my rent. I am currently unemployed, I am recovering addict, was working for 6 years and as of 6-11-15, need rental assistance so I don't end up evicted, and would like guidance and help from your agency for a hand up not a hand out. Can you help me please, I have no money for Thanksgiving or Christmas either. I have never been in this situation before. Sincerely
Flower12

Post by Flower12 »

I am in need of help to put a roof over my kids heads. I do have some of the funds but not all I have been asking my family and friends putting things up for sale to get the funds. I have come up six hundred dollars of the thirteen hundred and twenty dollars. I do have income, but I did battle addiction in the past but I have recovered from it. I receive social security and my social security is 796.00. If any help or any direction please call me or send me an email.
Star Violet

Post by Star Violet »

I currently reside in sub-standard housing at a 3/4 house in Brooklyn, N.Y. I am struggling with the demon of addiction and it is not easy when living in a place that is infested with the majority of clients that do not want to get better. I do not want special treatment. All I want is a decent place to call home. A place with no worries of negative influences enticing me to relapse.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Recovering drug addicts normally go into some type of transitional housing program. There are several in Brooklyn and the New York City area. So try one of those as there are many decent ones out there...which you said is important to you. Find transitional housing in New York City.
Star Violet wrote:I currently reside in sub-standard housing at a 3/4 house in Brooklyn, N.Y. I am struggling with the demon of addiction and it is not easy when living in a place that is infested with the majority of clients that do not want to get better. I do not want special treatment. All I want is a decent place to call home. A place with no worries of negative influences enticing me to relapse.