Mental illness sufferer needs housing

Find how to get help with rent
CBC
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Mental illness sufferer needs housing

Post by CBC »

I have been a tenant in a support-housing program for 14 years and I need help paying an overdue 325 rent bill. I am mentally ill and do not want this to continue. I would prefer to use an organization other than St. Vincent's Depaul, because the man who runs it is old and mean. I really actually attend a church located in Rockville Center called St.Peter's. Please help me. I suffered a massive broken arm last year, and lost my roommate of 14 years who is now in a community residence, and then came along Hurricane Sandy, plus flak from my housing agency, although I have NEVER been more than 1 month behind on my rent. PLEASE HELP ME!
Rodriguz

Re: Mental illness sufferer needs housing

Post by Rodriguz »

I NEED ASSISTANCE WITH MY RENT AND OR WATER. I HAVE BEEN RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH COPD, BARRITS, ASTHMA AND JUST HAD SURGERY. I LOST MY INSURANCE COVERAGE DUE THE COMPANY I WORKED FOR CLOSED AND NO LONGER HAVE INCOME. JUST MY HUSBAND INCOME AND OUR DAUGHTER IS A FULL TIME STUDENT WITH A MENTAL ILLNESS. MY SCRIPTS ARE OVER 500 MONTH. I need help getting by for the next 2 months so I can get health to go back to work. Medicaid says my husband income is to high but our month income is 2200 and our bills our 2214 month that doesn't include food, gas, medicine, dog bills. Please see if you can help. My water 2 months past due, $210.00 and Rent was due on September 1. $875 plus a 50 late fee. Any you can assist with would really help. I live in St Petersburg Florida.
USOpen

Post by USOpen »

We are in need of $670 for January rent. Our car gave out on us and we needed one fast so we wouldn't lose our jobs. We now have a car and between the 2 of us we have 3 full time jobs and admitting that we need help is the hardest thing for both of us to do. We also have a daughter with a mental illness. If we can get help with the rent we would both be able to sleep at night knowing someone cared enough to help us. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are federal programs that offer housing for mental illness, disabled, and special needs housing. One of the main HUD programs is Section 811. This means a client will gain a rent subsidized home or apartments, but note that there is often a waiting list in place. Find more information on section 811 housing.
Magenta

Post by Magenta »

Hi, I’m currently struggling and I am homeless and have mental health problems which have been diagnosed and I take my meds as needed but I need help please. I’m cold, hungry and don’t know what to so my SSI hearing is supposed to eventually go through but who knows how that long it will be. I have a son and wife who are suffering too. Thankfully my mom has my son. But please me and my wife need help bad please any donations or please get my story out there please I’m begging think what would Jesus do..... Thank you and God bless you all.
Travis Cult

Post by Travis Cult »

Hello.

I hope all is well. I am reaching out because I have experienced mental illness and other health issues during the 2021-2022 years, causing me to fall behind on my rent and housing. I have been attempting to find a program that will allow me to borrow money via a personal loan, however, no matter what program I have applied for, my application has been denied. It isn't that my income doesn't suffice, however, my job does not pay or assist with leave of absence due to sickness. Once my two weeks of sick pay is depleted I receive no pay, which is the reason I fell behind.

I just need to catch up with housing for people with mental illness. I have three children, one with mental disability (autism), homelessness will crush him. I don't qualify for any low income programs and they have denied my son for SSI and I won't apply because it is not enough to pay my current bills so I am forced to work.

Please, if anyone can help me, point me in the right direction, anything. My DTE has been disconnected two months in a row, all of my other bills are behind and I just need help.
Hopefully, someone can help me. I greatly appreciate your time.
Pantene

Post by Pantene »

Hi, my name is DeAnna and I have mental illness. I am about to be 34 on the 17th of this month & I live in Statesville, NC. I have been living in & out of motels to my family house to friends houses & back to motels. I need income based housing for people with a mental illness. It's so bad that I'm dragging everything that I own with me which is not all that much but I would like to keep it because I've lost almost everything due to moving around so much. I was told by Statesville housing authority that I'm at the top of the list to be moved into a place but they told me that could take anywhere from 3 days to 3 years but I currently receive food stamps & Medicaid & I'm trying to apply for disability because I am unable to work due to my mental illness & physical disability. I've never asked for help or housing as far as help with bills or asking for help but I really could use it right now. If you would please get back with me as soon as possible. Thank you.