Accident causing us to be behind on rent

Find how to get help with rent
Alcatraz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Accident causing us to be behind on rent

Post by Alcatraz »

I found this email address online while searching for help with my rent expenses. I do have a job and always try to pay my bills on time, however I am just in a bad position at this time. My daughter who is 15 years old was involved in a serious car accident on June 15th. She sustained a serious leg injury and is in a rehab facility in Atlanta, Georgia called the Georgia Center and I live in Knoxville, TN. I have missed 3 weeks off my job since I have been in Atlanta with my daughter and have no income at this time. I am a single parent I have a 12 yer old daughter at home and a 16 year old niece that I have temporary custody of and a 23 year old son who will be coming home from college soon for the summer. I just moved into a new place and the rent was due by the 5th of the month but since I have not worked been at work since June 11th I was not able to make my payment for June and it has been turned over to an attorney to start the eviction process. My daughter will be able to come home soon hopefully in August and I definitely need her to have a home to come too. I have had to leave my daughter in Atlanta with my mother to care for her so that I could return back to work. I am just needing some assistance to help with my June rent so that myself and my children will not be without a place to stay. Any assistance that can be given would be greatly appreciated or if you could refer me to a place that would be appreciative also. Thank you in advance,
CarDon13
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Accident causing us to be behind on rent

Post by CarDon13 »

This has been so tough to ask for help. I've always worked, but earlier this year my fiancé got let go from his job because of decline in business. Then thanksgiving my boss fires me on my day off as I had a car accident. Our kids are grown and live in other states and we only have my service dog because I've had cancer 7 times but work through it. I also now have a bum knee from the accident.
This time I'm on the verge of losing our small one room apartment. Behind in rent. And I can't lose my place because this is really all we have and make the best of it. Just want to be able to try to get back to work and not have to worry about getting locked out if I leave to try to get employment to pay my bills myself again. Thank you for giving us this gleam of hope again.