Locations of homeless shelters

Find how to get help with rent
FranKico
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Locations of homeless shelters

Post by FranKico »

Hello. Recently I was abducted and had my car stolen at gun point. As a result I've barely been able to leave my house since. I work online to try and get a little money together through eBay, murk, and text broker. My truck ended up having problems. My brother came and took it to fix it. I've been able to turn my cell phone on for about 2 or 3 weeks but I’ve refused to because of my distrust and dislike for people. I've been going to mental health counseling. Just this past week my landlords sons girlfriend had asked me for some gas money to get to her moms. We have known each other a while and I would not have the house that I’m living in had it not been her. With my fear of leaving the house I entrusted her with my debit card to withdraw money and return to me the next day with both my cash and debit card. I am now -500 at least. I can't press charges because I gave her the card and my pin. I feel through mental issues I should be able to fight somehow. I have tried to contact a disability lawyer. I have the feeling that I'm going to be out of luck though. So as it stands, I'm two months behind on rent, on the verge of homelessness and 500 short on my bank account with no way to get it paid. I believe that my car is fixed but I still haven't gotten past my fear of the real world much. I also have a felony from 2 years ago that make it nearly impossible to get a job. So just curious what you thought. Where I should go? Figured I should get some homeless shelters addresses and be prepared for the worst.
WolfB

Re: Locations of homeless shelters

Post by WolfB »

My wife, two sons and I are currently homeless in Ohio. We had to move out of our old neighborhood due to people shooting and a bullet almost went through my sons bedroom and a couple hit the back porch. We were able to come up with the deposit, now its just about the first months rent. We want to stay in a shelter until we save enough.
We not have one car, which is a two door. Had to sell the other car to stay afloat after being laid off from my security job. Dead end bills are killing us and that’s why we cant come up with the first months rent. Please, find it in your hearts to assist us. We're both 23 years old with a four year old and a seven month old. The rent is $1350.00 a month. I work as a manager for a carpet cleaning business and my wife provides childcare for three young children. We would greatly appreciate this help. God really has a plan for us and a big blessing. I pray your assistance is that blessing. Feel free to give us a call. Thank you and have a blessed evening.
Trina

Post by Trina »

I am 22 years old and I have a two year old. I been homeless for about 6 months trying to pick myself up. I been sleeping from bus to car to place to place and in shelters I’m struggling so much but trying not to fall. I came to California last year this time from Nicaragua with no parents or family just one aunt who’s barely making it with her and her family. I been on a waiting for a shelter hoping to get in one. I need a hand miracle to finally be happy and not stressed to have a better future for my daughter and myself. I’m trying to go back to school and look for a job as well but I don’t have a mailing address. Or a stable home.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

We are a family of 5, our boys are ages, 7,8,& 9. We are currently homeless in the Interfaith Hospitality Network program that helps families. We are currently seeking employment and a place to live that we can afford. If you can help us please e-mail me ASAP. We get 3 months in the program, have only been in for 2 weeks, but would like to get our kids a safe & stable home as soon as we can. Thank you so much for your help!
Harabugh

Post by Harabugh »

Hello, I didn't know where to turn too. We are homeless and I don't know where to go or where to get help. Below is our story.
We been homeless for 8 months. There is me, my husband, our son. He is an IEP student at high school. He has Tourette’s, OCD and ADHD. He isn't your normal 14 year old. My husband been looking for work every day. He most of fill out a couple hundred applications. I am disabled and was in an accident a few years ago. We are getting to the point that we want to give up. I keep praying to GOD to give me strength for each day.
Picture our Son with Tourette, OCD and ADHD every day and going to school and being homeless and him not knowing where he is sleeping at night. It breaks our heart seeing our son going through this with us! We need help! My husband work EXP is custodian, maintenance, housekeeping, driving, retail, sales and he has done cooking too. He done almost anything in 47 years. If you know anybody that can help us to get back on our feet that would be amazing appreciate. Thank you.
Barrista

Post by Barrista »

I am currently 4 months pregnant. And in need of serious help getting this trailer for my self and 7 year old daughter and the baby on the way right now. I am completely homeless and lost my job due to belonging homeless. I could use all the help I can get. Any information you can give me on charities that would help me with security deposit and first months rent utility deposit. Everything is included but the medicine. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You may want to try a transitional housing center and then save all of your income while staying there. This will provide you time to build up savings for the rent and deposit on a new home. Also, there are locations that focus on both children and the disabled, so maybe those will work for you. Find short term housing units by city and county. We also have shelters listed too.
M Wynne

Post by M Wynne »

I and my wife are homeless and need a shelter. We need a low income home so that we that we have stability. I have an IEP that makes it difficult for me to get jobs. I am willing to get a job and so is she I’m just struggling at the moment so please help. I have called vocational rehab personally, a shelter and I used to be with them in 2011. Thank you for reading my email.
Evaluation

Post by Evaluation »

Hi my name is Tandra Coleman. I’m contacting you all with a major need. I am in a homeless situation and I have 4 children and need the locations of homeless shelters. We’ve been staying in a motel but the money I once had is gone. I only have enough money for 2 more nights here and am stressed out not knowing where my kids and I will go after this, so I need help from homeless shelters. I live in Grand Rapids Michigan.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are homeless shelters in Monroe County and Rochester.
But if you have 4 children you will need a family shelter - those may be harder to get. But if you have 4 kids, and can't afford them, then you need some serious long term help.
Evaluation wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:50 am Hi my name is Tandra Coleman. I’m contacting you all with a major need. I am in a homeless situation and I have 4 children and need the locations of homeless shelters.