SSDI does not cover all my rent

Find how to get help with rent
JackieB
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

SSDI does not cover all my rent

Post by JackieB »

I am in great need of rental help. I am receiving SSDI and I going through across Vr for help in retraining it education advancement. I am a nurse that got hurt multiple times at my last job and the terminated me for excessive absenteeism. I am looking at the multiple times I was out of work through no fault of mine. I fell on water multiple times but did not file a WC case only when I was severely injured. I had testing and was told I can not go back to what I was doing and other restrictions ...I currently am in a home with multiple roof leaks and can not afford to fix. The current amount of rent I pay is 580 plus all utilities and my income does not cover it.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: SSDI does not cover all my rent

Post by Admin »

There are several government rent programs for the disabled and people on SSDI. Mostly these are in the form of vouchers in which the federal government and a public housing authority will pay a portion of your rent. The demand is high and there is a waiting list. It is often combined with vocation training too, or VR. So look into the disability vouchers for housing here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Doler

Post by Doler »

To Whom It May Concern:
I found your email address and I really need information on agencies that can help with rent payments Section 8 has failed me because I am not able to continue back rent payments so they refuse to help at all. I only receive SSDI, my child support has stopped this month because my ex-husband keep jumping from job to job.
Please help my children and I are desperate and need any and all help available.
Leesman

Post by Leesman »

I received a letter yesterday that I have until the 12th of December 2014 to pay what is owed to my landlord by the 12 of this month. I owe over 1900 in rent and deposit back pay. After speaking with an office representative I was told that they won’t proceed with eviction if I pay 800 by November 2014 and give them a second payment of as much as possible on the 15 the of November 2014.
I recently stopped working my second job and my sister, who is my roommate, was forced to stop working due to a back injury she sustained in an auto accident. I am currently a full time employee at Xavier School of Excellence and am salaried at 20,200 a year. Bills and rent have been a slow snowballing process with rent 725 water 80 electric 80-120 and gas 200 consistently for the past 3 or four months. I haven't been able to get a break or catch up would I be able to receive immediate assistance?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here you go. Try these for rent help in Northampton. But if you stopped your second job, you may want to restart it for more income.
Leesman wrote: I recently stopped working my second job and my sister, who is my roommate, was forced to stop working due to a back injury she sustained in an auto accident.
NikkiS

Post by NikkiS »

I’m 56 year old on SSDI. My ex is getting 296.00 in back child support for our now 24 year old daughter. I will be finished paying him in March 2019. My roommate moved out. My rent has been behind since August. I give my landlord my entire check of 450.00 but my rent is 770.00 I am being evicted. In March my check will just cover the rent, with 20.00 leftover. I really could use some help for these next few months. Or I will be homeless.
Preta1

Post by Preta1 »

Sir or madam: I have done extensive research, including on your website ,about getting help for the next month with living expenses, especially rent which is my largest expense.   I have exhausted all local resources available for SSDI rent help. The site said to contact you for more information about further resources.
A little bit about me:I am on SSDI and Food Stamps.  I had an unexpected job lay-off a month and a half ago from my part-time job and have not been able to pay my bills without assistance.  I live in Stuart, Florida,which is in Martin County.Can you please respond with any additional resources to which you can direct me?  I would greatly appreciate a response, even if you do not know where else I may be able to acquire assistance.  Thank you very much.
Bamburg

Post by Bamburg »

Hi, My name is Kristina and I receive SSDI. I live in Delaware OH and my SSDI income is $1096 monthly. I’ve been trying to find out where or how to apply for help with rent monthly. It would also help if I could get help with the deposit. The Metro housing list is closed but I've been seeing other programs and grants that I think I could qualify for, I just don’t know who to call or where to apply.   Please help me cover my rent that is short from SSDI, Thanks Kris
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you are disabled and want rent help monthly, there is section 8. It often gives accelerated help to the disabled. Also try housing assistance programs for people on SSDI.
As the government may give a little extra help if your income is only 1096 per month.
Bamburg wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:46 am Hi, My name is Kristina and I receive SSDI. I live in Delaware OH and my SSDI income is $1096 monthly. I’ve been trying to find out where or how to apply for help with rent monthly.