SSDI does not cover all my rent

Find how to get help with rent
JackieB
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

SSDI does not cover all my rent

Post by JackieB » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:02 pm

I am in great need of rental help. I am receiving SSDI and I going through across Vr for help in retraining it education advancement. I am a nurse that got hurt multiple times at my last job and the terminated me for excessive absenteeism. I am looking at the multiple times I was out of work through no fault of mine. I fell on water multiple times but did not file a WC case only when I was severely injured. I had testing and was told I can not go back to what I was doing and other restrictions ...I currently am in a home with multiple roof leaks and can not afford to fix. The current amount of rent I pay is 580 plus all utilities and my income does not cover it.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: SSDI does not cover all my rent

Post by Admin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:16 am

There are several government rent programs for the disabled and people on SSDI. Mostly these are in the form of vouchers in which the federal government and a public housing authority will pay a portion of your rent. The demand is high and there is a waiting list. It is often combined with vocation training too, or VR. So look into the disability vouchers for housing here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html

Doler

Post by Doler » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:46 pm

To Whom It May Concern:
I found your email address and I really need information on agencies that can help with rent payments Section 8 has failed me because I am not able to continue back rent payments so they refuse to help at all. I only receive SSDI, my child support has stopped this month because my ex-husband keep jumping from job to job.
Please help my children and I are desperate and need any and all help available.

Leesman

Post by Leesman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:31 pm

I received a letter yesterday that I have until the 12th of December 2014 to pay what is owed to my landlord by the 12 of this month. I owe over 1900 in rent and deposit back pay. After speaking with an office representative I was told that they won’t proceed with eviction if I pay 800 by November 2014 and give them a second payment of as much as possible on the 15 the of November 2014.
I recently stopped working my second job and my sister, who is my roommate, was forced to stop working due to a back injury she sustained in an auto accident. I am currently a full time employee at Xavier School of Excellence and am salaried at 20,200 a year. Bills and rent have been a slow snowballing process with rent 725 water 80 electric 80-120 and gas 200 consistently for the past 3 or four months. I haven't been able to get a break or catch up would I be able to receive immediate assistance?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Here you go. Try these for rent help in Northampton. But if you stopped your second job, you may want to restart it for more income.
Leesman wrote: I recently stopped working my second job and my sister, who is my roommate, was forced to stop working due to a back injury she sustained in an auto accident.

NikkiS

Post by NikkiS » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:09 am

I’m 56 year old on SSDI. My ex is getting 296.00 in back child support for our now 24 year old daughter. I will be finished paying him in March 2019. My roommate moved out. My rent has been behind since August. I give my landlord my entire check of 450.00 but my rent is 770.00 I am being evicted. In March my check will just cover the rent, with 20.00 leftover. I really could use some help for these next few months. Or I will be homeless.

Preta1

Post by Preta1 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:04 pm

Sir or madam: I have done extensive research, including on your website ,about getting help for the next month with living expenses, especially rent which is my largest expense.   I have exhausted all local resources available for SSDI rent help. The site said to contact you for more information about further resources.
A little bit about me:I am on SSDI and Food Stamps.  I had an unexpected job lay-off a month and a half ago from my part-time job and have not been able to pay my bills without assistance.  I live in Stuart, Florida,which is in Martin County.Can you please respond with any additional resources to which you can direct me?  I would greatly appreciate a response, even if you do not know where else I may be able to acquire assistance.  Thank you very much.

Bamburg

Post by Bamburg » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Hi, My name is Kristina and I receive SSDI. I live in Delaware OH and my SSDI income is $1096 monthly. I’ve been trying to find out where or how to apply for help with rent monthly. It would also help if I could get help with the deposit. The Metro housing list is closed but I've been seeing other programs and grants that I think I could qualify for, I just don’t know who to call or where to apply.   Please help me cover my rent that is short from SSDI, Thanks Kris