Very sick and terminally ill

Find how to get help with rent
scurry
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Very sick and terminally ill

Post by scurry »

I am looking for emergency rent assistance for the terminally ill in Phoenix Arizona . I have congested heart failure and I am going to loose my place to live. My wife and I are on our last few days before we need to move. My wife just started working again and we are behind. I never had to ask for help like this before, but now we need it. Any help or information will be helpful. We lost everything we had so far except our place to live right now. Thank you for your help and time.
Starwood

Re: Very sick and terminally ill

Post by Starwood »

I am in need of help with my rent as I have fallen behind 2 months. My husband, myself, my daughter and her 2 sons (my grandsons) all live in a single family home. Last year my health was jeopardized from cancer and I had to take an 8 week leave from work. There were no options available for cash assistance during my recovery. My husband works but its not enough to support a family of our size. And my daughter are and her 2 & 7 year old boys are with us because she is having difficulties finding employment.
It seems that sense my diagnosis of cancer last year in March and the 8 weeks I was off for recovery from surgery as well as a broken foot I acquired while rehabilitating are causing us to struggle. We got behind on rent and other bills and have just not been able to catch up to date. My main concern is the rent right now. I currently owe 1225 and my landlord is not one to understand hardship. He just wants his money regardless of any issues we might be facing.

He sent a 7 day notice last week that expires tomorrow and I am afraid I will be receiving court documents soon for a hearing. I won't be able to have a substantial sum to present to my landlord in that time for him to revoke his case. I just need help in settling this before it gets to court. I am also working but my hours were cut by 8 hours per pay period since coming back from my leave. And though the cancer seems to be clear I have been diagnosed with advanced rheumatoid arthritis in my spine and several other joints in my body including the foot and ankle that I broke.
It just never healed properly and causes a lot of pain. I can't afford to not work while trying for disability. My main concern is having a home for my grandsons and my family. I hope my explanation is sufficient in what you were looking for and I pray to hear from someone regarding assistance in this matter. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have health issues (and are in fact terminally ill) there are some non-profits that offer assistance, including for rent, medical needs, and more. Of course they focus on the survivors, which will be your husband, daughter, etc. But your husband and family will obviously need to make major changes in their life around financial management.
So try some of these rental assistance programs we have listed. Also search the site for the charities that focus on cancer patients, as there are many. Between the two they should be able to assist.
Starwood wrote:Last year my health was jeopardized from cancer and I had to take an 8 week leave from work. It seems that sense my diagnosis of cancer last year in March and the 8 weeks I was off for recovery from surgery as well as a broken foot I acquired while rehabilitating are causing us to struggle. We got behind on rent and other bills and have just not been able to catch up to date.
tiyoshi

Post by tiyoshi »

I am being forced to move and have until the end of October. If I'm not out by then I will be evicted. I am severely physically disabled older adult who may be Terminal. I have no money to move on, no one to help me physically and do not have any living relatives or friends who can help! PLEASE HELP!!