Find how to get help with rent
JJJudy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent due for halfway house

Post by JJJudy »

Hello,
I'm writing for my 28 year old niece. She just went back to work and has yet to receive her first paycheck. She lives in a 3/4 way house as she is a recovering addict. She is one week behind on her $95 per week rent. Is there any help that you can offer her as she is about to be told to leave. As her family none of us have money to help her. Can you give us some resource information.
Coper

Re: Rent due for halfway house

Post by Coper »

I need help with a place to live. I currently am living with my brother I need help with security deposit and first months rent and then possibly monthly help with rent and utilities and food. I’m unemployed and I’m in outpatient drug and alcohol program and moved out from a halfway house. I’m also attending college at OCC, so I’m a student. I’ve been unable to find a job but I basically homeless, I don't have money for food and I don't get food stamps.
Ashley

Re: Rent due for halfway house

Post by Ashley »

I was laid off from my work on January 1, 2015 after 6 years of serving as a Housing Counseling Manager in the MBQ program helping Baltimore City low-income families. We then needed to move to a halfway house. We are currently $4000.00 behind on May, June and July rent and our landlord who has been quite understanding so far is threatening to evict me and my wife who just delivered our daughter on 6/28. My unemployment benefit ended on 7/4 and we are in dire need of paying our landlord any reasonable amount so that we can have a roof over our heads while I continue to look for work. Any assistance will be appreciated.