Facing eviction in ohio

Find how to get help with rent
DA773
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Facing eviction in ohio

Post by DA773 »

I lost my job and recently moved in with my girlfriend and now she's lost her job as well. We live in ohio, miami county, and are being threatened with eviction. Neither of us were at our previous jobs long enough to file for unemployment, I dont have anywhere else to turn so I'm asking if anyone knows of any service or charity that can help us? i previously posted this in the wrong area sorry
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Facing eviction in ohio

Post by Admin »

Here is a resource to try. Community Housing of Miami Counties, Inc.and Family Abuse Shelter of Miami County, Inc both recently received a government to provide emergency rent, utility payments and mortgage help to prevent eviction, foreclosure and utility disconnections for people facing evictions. There are some income limits. If they can't help you, I bet they have other contacts that can.
MrWilliams

Post by MrWilliams »

I am twenty five years old, I work as a line cook in Columbus Ohio. I have been helping my aunt with money for some time now, and she needs assistance each month, I just don't make enough to support her and myself. Anything at all, you guys could do, would be a big help.
She is in her mid fifties, disabled, and gets a thousand a month on disability. With rent, electric, her food, and her cats, she is barely breaking even. She has late fees on her rent also, and is worried about eviction. Please call her or email her. Please respond, she needs help, thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Your aunt needs to make some tough decisions in order to deal with the eviction. For example, she should not have the expense of a pet if she is about to be homeless. She needs to turn to a food bank to free up money for rent, and take similar steps. Anyone, more comprehensive information is available in Ohio too, and she should explore the eviction assistance in Ohio.
LinaGagne

Post by LinaGagne »

I am facing eviction from my current apartment in Ohio but I do have a place offered to me and my children. Problem is the previous tenants stole the hot water heater and I do not have currant funds to replace it. I am saving for one but between car repairs and cut backs on hours I am so strapped. I was wondering if there is somewhere discounted or used hot water heaters are available?