Question on rent programs from county social worker

Find how to get help with rent
Beagie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Question on rent programs from county social worker

Post by Beagie »

I am a social worker with Butler County Children Services and am writing on behalf of families that we serve. I am looking for services that would help a family with a (low) income with their monthly rent or that could (on a temporary basis) assume the cost of a rental property/apartment for a family. I live in Butler County Ohio.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question on rent programs from county social worker

Post by Admin »

We have information on a number of housing and rent assistance programs for Butler County. Maybe what you want to do is refer people to these programs and our site. Then they can call around. Feel free to share the information with other county offices and social serve groups in Butler County too. The information on the resource is as follows. Click here.
SAlameda

Post by SAlameda »

To whom this may concern,
Hello, I'm sorry to have to contact you, I really don't know where else to turn, I am just really stressing the situation and want to do what is best, to get financially stable, so we can progress.
I am a single mother of two small girls, age 13 (Mary) and another that turned 12 (Stephanie). I also have a niece that lives with me in Vegas. Currently we are living in someone's home in Las Vegas, Nevada, renting a room, but the owner recently told me the bank raised the price of the mortgage, and she said the house is going to foreclose. The current situation isn't working out as it is, my school disbursements are not monthly, so I just did my best to stretch it out to pay rent here. I tried my best to find work near the house here, but because I don't have transportation, it made it difficult. Also, it didn't help when I did receive my money from school, the owner asked to borrow a good portion.
When she paid it back, instead of all at once, she made it harder for me to plan ahead. Now she's only giving me less than 4 weeks to move, and I am completely lost as to what to do. Every month I have been living here, I was covering most if all the groceries for the whole house, this was over $300 in food I was spending. It has taking more from me, than it has actually helped, by staying here. I wish I had contacted you guys sooner, and I am sorry to give this such short notice. I am in a new job and going to school now in 2013 until present day. I attend university of Phoenix online course, earning my bachelors in Business.
I was doing really well, my grades were first an A, then 3 B's and while I was completing my history class is when she came to me about the move, and I've been stressing out, even my grades are suffering. I want to be able to focus on school, and I understand I need a way for income but it is so hard to establish a job, and settle down, and with the kids in school, I have to be able to pick them up, and help my kids with their studies as well. All of these things are impossible to balance when I don't have a place to call home for us. I am trying my best, I just don't have too many options.
I've been online selling our clothes, what the girls grow out of, what I don't wear anymore, in efforts to earn some type of income. My kids dad currently owes back pay on child support, his last payment was for $100, December of 2012. This is when he decided he to take his boss up on his offer to pay him under the table. He continued to work there for a while. He then went into police custody, and I was sent papers from the district attorney saying that they stopped my child support while he's in prison in the state of Michigan now. Which seems totally unfair to my kids, because they still need the support, despite their fathers incarceration. It bothers me that they allow him to work while in prison, and he earns money for himself, I don't understand who decides the rules for all this, but what I do know is the state hasn't taken one step towards truly enforcing their dad to help me.
I just need someone to care, someone else but me. I am supposed to graduate in 2015, with my bachelors in Business, which is when I can start working in my career field, and actually earn a salary. I would be willing to pay whatever I'd need to, back, if HUD would just be able to help me out so we can get on our feet. I don't know what other options I have, it has really become debilitating on my self-confidence, and my spirit, I just want to give my kids a stable, safe, place, and utilize what resources I have, so I can do things in the right order. I don't want to have to burden anyone, or expect anyone to have to go out if their way, someone told me HUD might be able to help me with housing. I don't have a way to get to the office during the week, nor am I familiar with where that would be, I just don't want to wait until the last minute to address my situation, and have no where to go.
Well I won't waste any more of your time, thank you for taking the time you have to read this, I hope it isn't much trouble. You can reach me at any time of the day, either by email or by phone;
Gronker

Post by Gronker »

Myself and my partner are disabled and are having a very difficult time with the apartment we reside at. We just don't know what to do anymore. It's affecting our physically and mentally and is adding to our illness. What do I do about a security deposit, movers, etc. I hope there are agencies that can help.
I am 56 and my partner is 53. We feel like we will never get out of this situation. I also have crohns disease along with severe oseoporsis. The stress and worrying is affecting my condition. My faith and prayer in the lord keeps me going. I know many people out there also have problems, but my credit isn't the best and my partner doesn't have the background that landlords want, which I do understand, but she has changed her life for many years to the good. He has a big heart and a very caring woman. We are being treated terrible in this neighborhood to which could become threaten and scary for us. There are pellet holes in and around one of my front windows, this past summer someone tried to break-in. Then 11 days after I moved in my car was keyed.
We live in Bridgeport, CT. After being harassed by neighbors much younger then ourselves, which is very disrespectful, but what can I do but try to ignore it which we do, but we do have feelings and it is very sad to have to live under these conditions. We do drive around looking for an apartment, but in the winter months there isn't much out there.
What resources and social service agencies could help us? Then who would I get to move our furniture and belongings? I guess maybe asking for allot but we have no family to help us. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP 2 disabled people. We are so desperate just to wake up in the morning happy and not constantly worrying what are we going to do? Moving here is one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made in my life.
Cuban1

Post by Cuban1 »

I have to move out of my current apartment and don't have money to move. My neighbor, down the street, also has to
move, is disabled, and has 2 kids, but is working with social services. I have a 4 year old daughter that visits on the weekend. We want to rent a house
with a finished basement that I can live in, but don't have enough money available for the initial move-in costs. I am
also a college student.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are a college student, call your local financial aid office for information on the homeless prevention programs in Nevada. They may help you pay for some of the moving expenses or other costs. Also, ask them about security deposit help in Nevada as well. As some of the agencies may offer money for that one cost for moving to a new apartment.
Cuban1 wrote:but don't have enough money available for the initial move-in costs. I am also a college student.
RoperFrancis

Post by RoperFrancis »

We have an eviction notice. I am disabled with 2 dependents, I need to respond to this and am in need help desperately. I'm in need of rental help and clearly a social worker I'm overwhelmed with things as I've suffered multiple spine and head injuries making it difficult to deal with my affairs. Can you please find me some help?