Lost my job now behind on rent

Find how to get help with rent
Maria B
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Lost my job now behind on rent

Post by Maria B »

Please Help!! We are living in Tucson AZ, and unable to pay our rent. It is myself, my mother and my three year old daughter. I am a single mother and the primary care giver to my mother who is disabled with MS. I was working two jobs and laid off due to economy. My mothers only income is social security disability at $864 a month. We were approved for food stamps and Medicaid. Our rent is $1650 a month, which does not include utilities. The salvation army paid our electric bill last month but I am not sure what to do now. I have applied for assistance in a income based housing but have been told it is a waiting list that could be very long. We will end up homeless if I don't figure out what to do very quickly. I look for a new job every day and pray day and night for the answers. The stress effects my mothers health but as I do she worries constantly. Any information that you may have to assist us would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost my job now behind on rent

Post by Admin »

If you just lost your job, then you may be eligible for some emergency help. Several non-profits focus on assisting those in a crisis with their housing costs, offer eviction prevention solutions, and other forms of support. Typically the agencies will pay a portion of someone's rent, so you may need to call multiple places. The unemployed may also get information on job training and other support. So persistent is key to getting help in an emergency. Find more on rental assistance in emergency.
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Hi, I am renting a room for $600 a month from a family who is renting the house when I moved in they said I had full access to kitchen but they have divided the garage in half and they rented both half to two different families so there are 4 persons in garage plus 4 persons in the family where I am renting from. Plus 1 guy the sleeps in the living room and myself total of 10 people living in a 2 bedroom and 1 bathroom house.

I been here for 3 months and I never get a chance to cook and when I do they get upset and tell me not you to use the kitchen pass 11 pm and I have to pay $32 for utility. Worst of all last month my job cut me off from 5 days to 2 days a week because is very slow right now and to make my situation even more uglier I go and pay my rent at the beginning of this month of May and the guy I am renting from tells me l have to move out at the end of June because a family member is moving into the room.

I been trying so hard to fine a place to live there is hardly anything I can be a able to pay. I don't have the much money, I spent $110 for a guy to move me in here with his truck and labor. Can you please refer me to someone that can help me I had been homeless before for over a year and it was very ugly and sad way to live. Please I thank you very much god bless you all.
Martinelli

Post by Martinelli »

I'm about $3000 in rent debt and all of my utilities are behind as well. I haven't been able to catch up since taking a new job with a pay cut and I was served my eviction notice today. At most I have 3 weeks to find some aid or we will be put out.
I've talked to family members and we have gotten some help but not enough for the months of May, June, or July. Our lease is up on the 3rd of August so I'd like to pay up to be able to end the lease and go our separate ways. This is my first time ever experiencing something like this and it has been a difficult time for my family and I. I would love some help so that I could keep the roof over my wife and newborn's head. Please and thank you. God bless!