Disability payment not enough to pay my rent

Find how to get help with rent
Lebron
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disability payment not enough to pay my rent

Post by Lebron »

I am on disability and going through a divorce. At this time my income is not enough to pay rent and utilities. I am having to stay with a friend who really doesn't have the room for me and my one daughter but was kind and gave us a place to stay until I could get somewhere. I need to find out what is available to me in Iredell County so I can get us into a house or apartment before school starts back. My disability check is my only income. They are not taking applications for section 8 at this time. If you can help me with any other agencies please let me know. Thanks for your help.
Stewwe

Re: Disability payment not enough to pay my rent

Post by Stewwe »

I am in need of temporary help of rent help in the Greenville South Carolina County Area. I am a single mother of my daughter who is 4 years and my son who is 8 years. I was injured on the job on 5/27/2012 to the point of permanent work restrictions and I have applied for SSD and have a SSD Dr. appointment on 7/20/2013. I have plans to move my children and myself into an apartment but now I am in need of a place such as hotel/motel assistance in Greenville County because my children go to school in Simpsonville. We were previously living with my father but he is having some issues and is mad at the fact that I want to move 10 minutes away and be a mother to my children, be able to set rules/discipline out of love without undermined. And my daughter doesn't even have a bedroom there. He will not even allow me to have friends over. I am 62 years old and have 100% sole custody of both of my kids. He threatens to move to Canada to try to hurt my children so that he will have "control", push me to recluse in my room as I am feeding, bathing, and "trying" to be the mother I truly want to be on my own independently, not only because of the fact that my mother left when I was two. He found out just that I was looking for my kids and I an apartment and he has threatened me to the point of going to the Simpsonville Police department. My pastor and associate pastor and anyone who I can to think of as to what to do until I get my disability checks. I do receive $85.85 bi-weekly for child support for my son from his biological father. The support is based on me working 40+ hours at Wal Mart and him unemployed. As I stated earlier I haven't been able to work since June of 2012 and ordered to apply for disability because of permanent work restrictions. My children do not want to go back to my father.
Sandralot

Post by Sandralot »

I need bridges and/or some future rental assistance. I recently have been displaced to Washington county, living with relatives, as I would be considered homeless. I would also like to be considered to be able to get state MA, or have the state pay the premiums on Medicare, which I have but dropped last year. I am not working, and I don't know if due to my own personal circumstances if I am employable. Thank you.
CBC

Post by CBC »

I'm on SSDI and I need help on rent. I just got my grandson last month on the 21 of July. He is on SSI but spent his money and refused to give us any of his check to help us survive. We have no food its cost me 300 a month to take him to school and pick him up so now I can't pay my rent electric or my water cause she also refused to give him his food stamps. I'm manic depressive bipolar and he is ADHD and neither of us are under care my doctor. He retired a couple of years a go. I'm using my money to feed us and give him lunch money and I'm now unable to pay my bills cause I also needed glasses which were over 200. I lost and don't know what to do. Please help me get HUD or something.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We rely need more information in order for our reply to be effective. Such as state and country. However you can use our general link to rent assistance programs. We have information on eviction prevention, rapid rehousing, cash grants for housing and rent, and more. It covers state and federal programs as well as details on non-profits and charities. Please provide more background. Or in the meantime locate information on our programs for paying rent.
Manning

Post by Manning »

I work for the Government and am currently not being paid. I don't know how long this will take. I am needing to find out how to go about getting assistance for my rent next month if I am not getting paid by then. My wife is on disability but she does not have enough to cover us. Can I get information on that and if there maybe a program set up for the government employees like me in this situation? Thank you