Rent help for disabled

Find how to get help with rent
wwillimas1959
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent help for disabled

Post by wwillimas1959 »

I am a 50 year old disable woman and have two teenage girls that I care for. I need assistance with paying my rent.I have allowed myself to get in debt over my head trying to pay for college for one of my girls and not knowing all about the scholarship and grants she could have apply for I'm not able to pay all my bills. My credit is not good, but not so bad so I can't get a loan. Please if you know of any resources to assist.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent help for disabled

Post by Admin »

It maybe best to deal with your debts first. try credit card hardsip programs or forebearance programs. These are programs that banks and card issuers have, that most people do not know about, and they can either reduce your interest rates or even wipe out your debt. Here is some more info on them.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... d_com.html
erinwoji

Post by erinwoji »

i need rent help because i need to move to a apartment that i can get in and out of im in a wheelchair and disabled and were i live now i cant get out unless somebody help me down the stairs and up a hill to get to the street. i have found a place but i cant afford the rent i need just a little help even if only for the first 4months until i get settled can someone please help me and my family in this matter the reason im in the wheelchair is that i had my right leg taken off below the knee and the left toes taken and i have a wound on the left foot that is healing and i can't walk and so thereforth im in a wheelchair.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The federal government Housing and Urban Development (HUD) does offer rental programs for the disabled and others who need rent help. Usually they provide certain types of housing, and some money (maybe the first 4 months) that can be used to get you settled in. Your local and state government usually have applications for HUD.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ment_.html
erinwoji wrote:i need rent help because i need to move to a apartment that i can get in and out of im in a wheelchair and disabled and were i live now i cant get out unless somebody help me down the stairs and up a hill to get to the street. i have found a place but i cant afford the rent i need just a little help even if only for the first 4months until i get settled can someone please help me and my family in this matter the reason im in the wheelchair is that i had my right leg taken off below the knee and the left toes taken and i have a wound on the left foot that is healing and i can't walk and so thereforth im in a wheelchair.
dab1

Post by dab1 »

Hello my name is wendy. I have trouble financial situtation because late rent last month and this months. I no pay the rent, because social security stop the payment. I have to appeal the form to receive by next month..Because it overpayment, but I don't have no job since...That is why. I need some help and how can I find information for emegerency rent assistance in Arlington, Texas. I dont want to eviction for my apt and dont want to damage my credit.. I am disable (deaf) no employee.Please help me.
f12

Post by f12 »

I am in desperate need of paying my rental arrears before I am evicted. I am awaiting a decision from SSA about my disability, until then I cannot pay my back rent and am in danger. I live with my 3 children and grandson in Ithaca NY. They are having trouble finding jobs as the economy is not so great here, my son is working part time. I need to know about The Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program as it seems to be something that could save us. Please help!!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Ithaca, the home of Cornell, is in Tompkins County, and here is a listing of agencies, government programs and more
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/tom ... e_pro.html
Maybe the number one place to call is the Tompkins Community Action agency at 273-8816. While they may not have funds for back rent, they may be able to help with upcoming payments. They will also more than likely have info on the homeless prevention program, which is the Obama stimulus plan.
f12 wrote:I am in desperate need of paying my rental arrears before I am evicted. I am awaiting a decision from SSA about my disability, until then I cannot pay my back rent and am in danger. I live with my 3 children and grandson in Ithaca NY. They are having trouble finding jobs as the economy is not so great here, my son is working part time. I need to know about The Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program as it seems to be something that could save us. Please help!!!!!
cat1

Post by cat1 »

i was recently declared 100% disabled and 100% unemployable.i had to
go back and forth with the ssi people for more than 4 years.between that and child
support garnishing my ssdi checks i dont make enough money to to even make a
starting payment.my back payments are minimal and only allowed every six months for
an amount of three(3) payments.even after that i still wont be able tp live even a
paupers life.the people who have been kind enough to let me live in a bedroom<gave
me till the first(1st) of april to find a place to go or im out in the streets.after
four years of not working and the fact that i couldnt get any assisstance from any
organization because i wasnt technically declared disabled by ssi,so if i worked
they wouldve decided against me.so now here i sit awaiting a check for 674 and it
arrives but for 294 because childsupport is garnishing more than 67% of my only
income and i cant work another job to make any extra money.ive already lost my wife
and kids over this whole ordeal.all i want is to live in my own house or apt and
provide for myself and my 3 children.i understand the child support and agree with
it to an extent,but theyre making it impossible for me to have any kind of
,well,anything.at 300 a month i cant afford to buy myself personal hygeine
products.please,i beg of you,help.please tell me that there is an answer to my four
year long struggle just to live a normal gainful life.a life that doesnt begin each
day wishing you didnt have to wake up.im still trying all alleys but im so tired of
the fight.if you can help with housing i would like a 1 or 2 bedroom,being my wife took my kids and
deserted me in the middle of my ssi case.she couldnt handle the poverty ive had to
deal with.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you looked into government help from Section 8 housing? It is a federal government funded program in which thousands of low income individuals and families get housing and rent help every year. Usually unfortunately there is a waiting list, but you can call an agency to get on it. Most of the agencies that run section 8 will also provide information on other assistance programs and ways to get housing help. Like credit counseling, information on programs such as LIHEAP, and more. Details on section 8, as well as phone numbers and who to call can be found here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... using.html
cat1 wrote:i was recently declared 100% disabled and 100% unemployable.i had to
go back and forth with the ssi people for more than 4 years.between that and child
support garnishing my ssdi checks i dont make enough money to to even make a
starting payment.my back payments are minimal and only allowed every six months for
an amount of three(3) payments.even after that i still wont be able tp live even a
paupers life.the people who have been kind enough to let me live in a bedroom<gave
me till the first(1st) of april to find a place to go or im out in the streets.after
four years of not working and the fact that i couldnt get any assisstance from any
organization because i wasnt technically declared disabled by ssi,so if i worked
they wouldve decided against me.so now here i sit awaiting a check for 674 and it
arrives but for 294 because childsupport is garnishing more than 67% of my only
income and i cant work another job to make any extra money.ive already lost my wife
and kids over this whole ordeal.all i want is to live in my own house or apt and
provide for myself and my 3 children.i understand the child support and agree with
it to an extent,but theyre making it impossible for me to have any kind of
,well,anything.at 300 a month i cant afford to buy myself personal hygeine
products.please,i beg of you,help.please tell me that there is an answer to my four
year long struggle just to live a normal gainful life.a life that doesnt begin each
day wishing you didnt have to wake up.im still trying all alleys but im so tired of
the fight.if you can help with housing i would like a 1 or 2 bedroom,being my wife took my kids and
deserted me in the middle of my ssi case.she couldnt handle the poverty ive had to
deal with.
f12

Post by f12 »

Im a 51 year old disabled woman on ssi and raising a disabled grandson also on ssi and as of 7-2-09 i got custody of my niece born that day addicted to drugs my home was foreclosed on in september 2010 i draw food stamps and get 89 a month on my niece she had a brother born august 12 2010 and mt parents were helping with him until my dad had a massive stroke so iv had him permantly since december and had my water shut off this week i just cant make it without help how can i get help with my rent my land lord said something about hud but i cant find out how to apply and dont have gas anyway these babies need clothes they grow so fast and my elec. bill is hard to pay please help me find the help i need.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

HUD, or section 8? Either may be able to help, especially if you do have a disabled grandson. If it was HUD, here is a listing of non-profit HID agencies, most of which provide free advice and other forms of support. They may be able to refer you to programs to help you pay your water bills too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hud ... _help.html
f12 wrote:Im a 51 year old disabled woman on ssi and raising a disabled grandson also on ssi and as of 7-2-09 i got custody of my niece born that day addicted to drugs my home was foreclosed on in september 2010 i draw food stamps and get 89 a month on my niece she had a brother born august 12 2010 and mt parents were helping with him until my dad had a massive stroke so iv had him permantly since december and had my water shut off this week i just cant make it without help how can i get help with my rent my land lord said something about hud but i cant find out how to apply and dont have gas anyway these babies need clothes they grow so fast and my elec. bill is hard to pay please help me find the help i need.
Doglover12

Post by Doglover12 »

I'm a single mother of two. One of my children is disabled. We are living with someone right now. But we are risking being put out everyday. I need something stable. As in my own place. I've lived on my own since 06 but i recently had to give up my place and my job because of my sons medical condition. We felt it was best to be with family to help out with his needs. However, that its working out, so i would prefer for me and my children to be in our own home so that we can live as one family.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Great that family took you in to help. Anyway to save some money while you stay there. That is important to start off on own with savings. In addition, yes, look into government help or charity programs. Find how to get rent help, and this page provides overview and links to local programs. If you provide your state/county we can be more specific on what we reply with, but for now use the main resource/link.
Doglover12 wrote:I'm a single mother of two. One of my children is disabled. We are living with someone right now. But we are risking being put out everyday. I need something stable. As in my own place. I've lived on my own since 06 but i recently had to give up my place and my job because of my sons medical condition. We felt it was best to be with family to help out with his needs. However, that its working out, so i would prefer for me and my children to be in our own home so that we can live as one family.
ReeseW

Post by ReeseW »

I am a person with a learning disability I lost my job back in April of 2011 and fell behind on my rent which means I am in rental arrears. I recently found a salaried job again which I will be starting on 2/2/12. I am currently in school for my MSW I am trying to better myself I need help with finding the money for my rental arrears which is 11,000 at this time I have tried everything and the response has not been good please help me
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many agencies do focus on the disabled, which is good. You may be first in line for emergency rent help, or low income housing units. Unfortunately you did not provide your state, so our reply is very generic. Use this for government assistance programs. States are down the page, and select yours. $11,000 in back rent is kind of high, so doubt you can get help. But can call around.
ReeseW wrote:I am a person with a learning disability I lost my job back in April of 2011 and fell behind on my rent which means I am in rental arrears. I recently found a salaried job again which I will be starting on 2/2/12. I am currently in school for my MSW I am trying to better myself I need help with finding the money for my rental arrears which is 11,000 at this time I have tried everything and the response has not been good please help me