Where can I find an affordable apartment

Find how to get help with rent
MrsMerkel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Where can I find an affordable apartment

Post by MrsMerkel »

My Son and I are homeless and need a home. We have been living in Madison County and had to go to the Salvation Army in Lexington to stay. But they made us leave due to they thought I wasn't following through with my assignment. So, we ended up coming back to Madison County. My two oldest daughters paid for a hotel room for a week. They can't afford to pay anymore. They have families of their own. I have 4 days of that left the week left at the hotel room. I have called literally every place that I have been told about for help and no-one can help. The Salvation Army here doesn’t take children. My Son is 9 years old. My Husband walked out on us and doesn't help with anything. He is in another state with another woman. I can't even call him, I haven't got a phone number for him. Can you help me?
SueH

Re: Where can I find an affordable apartment

Post by SueH »

My family is currently homeless. We are a family of three which includes 5 year old boy who is supposed to start kindergarten this year. We are staying with my mother and father but its temporary, they have made it clear they do no not want us here and want us to find a place to live ASAP. We have no money in savings and don’t have the money to get into a place right now as the housing is so expensive in southern California. My boyfriend works a full-time job and I just started my new job. We are trying to help ourselves and do what we can, in no way do we expect a handout but some assistance and support would help tremendously. Even just information on affordable apartments. If we could get some rental assistance, like funds for a deposit or rental vouchers to get us started, that would get us in our own place and away from this environment that we are in now which I believe is not good for my son. Any assistance would help. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you are in the southern California and San Diego area? If so, we would recommend looking for a transitional housing unit. There are all sorts of places to try in the region, including both in San Diego County and nearby LA. Now they usually have a demand or limited space, but call around to different places and see what they may have for you or your family. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... using.html
Magic

Post by Magic »

We are going through a foreclosure of our home and have received a notice that our house is going to be sold at auction in three weeks. My husband lost his job recently and now earns a lot less now. We need help finding low income housing and maybe help with bills to enable us to raise money for a deposit for an apartment.
Orman

Post by Orman »

I was out of work due to strep throat for a few days. An abscess formed in my throat as well and I missed another day of work. I just started this job and just got my apartment back after being evicted. They said I can't be late on rent at all anymore and gave me my apt back as long as I pay extra per month to pay the couple of months of rent I owe.
I need to know what to do to receive funds for my rent before October 1st. My complex doesn't accept section 8, so would they accept any other assistance? Please help. I am trying to research other ways that I could pay other bills as well. I haven't found anything yet. I feel I am going in circles. Please help. Thank you.
Troyyer

Post by Troyyer »

I was just evicted from my apartment 3 weeks ago. I have been staying with a friend, but need to find my own place ASAP. I have no job, no income, no family here to help me, owe a lot of $ on my gas & electric bills, have no $ to pay rent or deposit. SRS refuses to give me food stamps, and am trying to seek employment. I have 1 felony on my record, and most companies won't hire me. The weather is extremely cold. I really need help financially. Getting place to live, etc. Please help.
Shameka

Post by Shameka »

I've been homeless for about going on 1 year and a half. It’s so hard finding an affordable place for me and my kids because of an eviction I got like almost 3 years ago for not being able to pay all the rent for a month when I had always been on time on my rent. But just was hard that month.
I couldn't pay at that moment and it cost me an eviction which I thought was unfairly. I've been going place to place, different apartments, and sleeping in my car before it broken down and couldn't fix it cause it cost too much. I've tried applying for places and be the honest person I am I told them about my eviction and they said unfortunately they couldn't help me out.
I just need help on getting a place (an affordable apartment) for my kids. I don't know what else to do I'm in so much needed of a helping hand right now. It would take so much stress off my shoulders. I have never been in this situation before. I receive government assistance and looking for work but transportation is an issue. I just haven't had any luck with anything thing I just would like a break. I'm so sorry for along post but I need help and be so much appreciated even for any advice in anything anyway of help is appreciated...