Need help wih security deposit and first month rent

Find how to get help with rent
LizzieMom1987
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need help wih security deposit and first month rent

Post by LizzieMom1987 »

My family and I are homeless. We work but paying for hotel and eating out is killing us. We don't need help all the time. We just need enough to pay for the security deposit and the rest of the month. After that we will be fine. Anybody know any rent assistance program or charities that can help us. Wrese live in fort Myers, Florida. We have a 1 year old daughter
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need help wih security deposit and first month rent

Post by Admin »

Hi,
We have extensive information on charities, churches, and assistance programs in Lee County Florida, including Fort Myers. Some agencies may have funding to help get people settled into new housing, provided they are working, attend budgeting type workshops, and meet other criteria. Most places do not just give hand outs though. The leading resources we have for the region can be found on our main site. Explore the entire site too. Anyway, click here Lee County Florida.
Aaple

Post by Aaple »

I live with my disabled grandmother and my disabled 2 year old son and I also have a 4 year old daughter. My landlord is foreclosing on the house and just now notified us about it. I am the only one that works. I can afford rent with SSI, I just can not come up with my 1st and security deposit to move in a place. I have looked at quit a few apartments in the Dekalb Georgia area we don’t no when we need to be out. Our landlord will not speed to us. We need to get out but we also need help ... Sincerely my family
Martin1

Post by Martin1 »

I just moved in to Canton Ohio and I am in the process of a job next week but I have no place to stay. I don't have money to help get me started, Once I start work next Week I will be able to keep up with everything but I really need that extra help getting a place.
You can contact me by calling. I just moved from Marietta Ohio to Canton Ohio to fulfill a wonderful career but like I said I was able to get a job but no shelter. One I start work I will be able to take care of everything else but I really need help ASAP getting shelter because it's a little to cold outside! :)
chass

Post by chass »

I work for two nonprofits and am a full-time student with financial aid. I make very little money and am having to move from my home of 5 years due to personal issues with my significant other. I have credit issues, and debt, and am unable to afford move in fees or deposits. I look to rent a house or duplex with a roommate, and once both jobs begin to pay better, I can afford $650 per month for rent. Deposit, application fees, pet deposits, and first month rent is estimated at $2500. I am looking for financial assistance to help me cover the cost to move into a new place by June 15th, 2015. Any assistance or input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance for your time and support.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The deposits of rent, pet fees, security, etc. are 4 times more than the monthly rent? Why is the difference so high. Also, since you have lived with the significant other for many years, just stay there a few more weeks and save that income for the moving costs you have. Or you can use the money to pay down those debts. Many of the non-profits that offer security deposit help can also counsel you on those needs too, as they want the tenant to be stable. So try those options, and locate financial help to pay security deposits.
Hughes

Post by Hughes »

I am in need of security deposit and obtaining either a section 8 rental assistance program or subsidized housing. I am 54 years old, permanently disabled and have been on the section 8 waiting list for the last two years however they messed up and didn't include I was disabled, which I feel has prevented me from being contacted by now and very unfair.
I would appreciate any help you have to offer for deposit or first month rent. I am currently paying rent to a girlfriend to stay with her temporarily, but the sanitation conditions are not good and I need to move into a low income based apartment ASAP. Thank you,
Agilent

Post by Agilent »

I NEED HELP WITH A DEPOSIT FOR 300.00 TO RENT AN APARTMENT FOR ME AND MY TWO CHILDREN. I LIVE IN PINAL COUNTY HOUSING BUT I AM BEING PUSHED OUT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO RENT TO BLACKS AND MEXICANS ONLY, AND I AM WHITE.
I WILL BE HOMELESS WITH FIRST MONTH RENT. I WORK PART TIME BUT DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY FOR A DEPOSIT AS I LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK AND I AM ON FOOD STAMPS AND STATE INSURANCE. PLEASE HELP SO WE DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE IN OUR CAR IN 100 DEGREE HEAT.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Your comment is 100% racist and wrong. We will not help anyone with that attitude...have a good life.
Agilent wrote:I NEED HELP WITH A DEPOSIT FOR 300.00 TO RENT AN APARTMENT FOR ME AND MY TWO CHILDREN. I LIVE IN PINAL COUNTY HOUSING BUT I AM BEING PUSHED OUT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO RENT TO BLACKS AND MEXICANS ONLY, AND I AM WHITE.
I WILL BE HOMELESS WITH FIRST MONTH RENT. I WORK PART TIME BUT DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY FOR A DEPOSIT AS I LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK AND I AM ON FOOD STAMPS AND STATE INSURANCE. PLEASE HELP SO WE DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE IN OUR CAR IN 100 DEGREE HEAT.
Richard and Sal

Post by Richard and Sal »

I need help with my deposit to move in my new apartment. I got some amount but it doesn’t cover the amount they need me to put down and I really need help with my apartment.
We been living in the motel for a 3 months and we trying move in this apartment but the amount they wanted as soon as possible but we can’t come up with that amount that fast because we living in the motel. We are trying to pay are way out too which is why I need help please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need both rent and deposit help, then try the rental assistance programs near you that are on the site. But if you can't afford the apartment, then you may want to look into a different unit and/or another place for a home.
Richard and Sal wrote:I need help with my deposit to move in my new apartment. I got some amount but it doesn’t cover the amount they need me to put down and I really need help with my apartment.