Housing for disabled

Find how to get help with rent
Lawrentandfam
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Housing for disabled

Post by Lawrentandfam »

I hurt my leg and back 2 years ago. I have been living between my daughters' home. But I cannot say there anymore. I have been getting $200. A month to keep me from being homeless. I am in so much pain and dealing with depression, my family can't stand to be around me. I was in a domestic violent situation and they won't help me. Please call me I could go on a lot long with all my problems. My life if almost unbelievable. Thank you.
Ridley
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing for disabled

Post by Ridley »

I am disabled and have been homeless for the past 4 months. I need some help getting into an apartment. All I receive is my SSDI check every month. I have a little bit of money saved I can afforded to pay some thing every month. I need for the rent a month worth of money for rent but I cant get into an apartment unless I have the security and 1st month rent. Please help me. I don’t know what to do I keep getting turned away. Please assist. Thank you
Aldean

Post by Aldean »

I'm a single parent on disability. I only make 744.00 monthly. I have two children. One I'm staying with at my uncles. My third cousin has my other child. They are trying to trick me. Because I'm not financial able to take care of him they said I've abandoned him because they won't let me or my other son see him. Please help me. I need a home that I can afford. I pray to god every day that he will work things out for me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not sure how anyone can pay for rent and child expenses if they have 2 children and the only aid they receive is for disability. So sadly we doubt you will ever be able to afford all of that on $744 per month. You will either need a job (people on disability can get one) or live with friends/family, etc. Anyway, as far as some suggestions for resources, here is information on housing programs for the disabled.
Clansman

Post by Clansman »

I'm a adult with a disability attending a college program for disable adults who needs assistance to pay for rent on the campus. I am an outside contractor for living on campus, which I have to sign a lease agreement for 11 months in order to stay in the apartment to get to the classes ASAP. I'm due to start on August 15, 2015 or I'll be unable to keep my room that is assigned to me. If any assistance would greatly appreciative so I can complete these classes.
NYJets

Post by NYJets »

I have a question, I am from Minnesota. I am 51 single female, I worked as an LPN for 16 years before I lost everything due to long term illness. I am healthy now but destitute. I am living with relatives temporarily. I need to know if you have any resources for short term housing assistance or even resources of where I could get cheap temporary housing in the Minneapolis area.
I have a renewed nursing license but I need to have a stable place to live in Minneapolis first. (I am literally stuck in a small town away from Minneapolis with relatives, it is temporary and I have no resources, and know no one here). I have 2 sons and support in the cities. I have a long term history of disability. I received disability for many years at a young age. I have sought every type of assistance to get back on my feet and nothing seems to be available to a person such as myself.
Even though I have been classified as disabled since early adult hood, and despite a long term illness, I was denied disability or even a case worker. I think I could get back on my feet in three months’ time (get a job) if I could just find temporary housing that I could afford? Please any resource you have would be a life saver for me, and I would appreciate it. Thank you!